Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else find it difficult to watch shows without weed? Like sometimes I can do it but mostly for TV and gaming I need weed.

I'll read articles 24/7 though sober. I'm mystified by it and wonder what the difference is.

Anyway I just went to finish up Orville and realized its a bad idea without maryjuwanna because of ADD/ADHD

It wasn't like this in my 20's
Hmm, I started smoking when I was 17 and never really stopped. I had some stints of breaks during my twenties but not much.
I'm with what u sayin - I cant watch a show or play a game without, I just get bored very quickly. I havent played P99 sober ever, cant really imagine it at all.
I keep sober for when I read my religious and mystic texts tho.
Articles about politics etc, this forum and so forth I cannot be sober.
Gonna try and take a prolonged break now during 2018 to prepare for 2019.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Banned

Pot is a lot healthier than alcohol....

Here's the thing though. If your somewhat new to it and dabbing your ass off and smoking the shit out of high-grade flower....Your going to be pretty god damn high all the time and it interferes with normal functioning from what I've seen.

But if you use it more like an antidepressant or supplement...you can function at a high level while high/coming down etc...but you need to take it easy on the day-to-day and build your tolerance up.

Stoner culture is going to play a role in limiting violence in competition for scarce jobs in the future.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

BTW, Im not a star trek fan at all, infact I think it sucks, but did U guys see the Black Mirror episode USS Callister? Real good episode
Old 01-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

I was excited for The Worf Chronicles but that never materialized...

-Mcoy
Old 01-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Project Manager

Ok so I watched the last episode and I'm disappointed in the laziness of the mirror universe.

So, the terrans are xenophobic, their history has played out differently, yet we see the same ship designs and personnel? A few small changes to how humans entered the galactic community would have significantly altered all of that imo. I mean.. the design of the discovery was the exact same except for designation lettering? Somehow *most* of the crew was the same for the same ship with the same name?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Banned

so in enterprise they made an episode based off mirror mirror from TOS, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_a_Mirror,_Darkly

my understanding is its what the discovery show is based off of. Which makes sense because all that non cannon shit. I think i even called it in an earlier page of this thread. I want my trophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so I watched the last episode and I'm disappointed in the laziness of the mirror universe.

So, the terrans are xenophobic, their history has played out differently, yet we see the same ship designs and personnel? A few small changes to how humans entered the galactic community would have significantly altered all of that imo. I mean.. the design of the discovery was the exact same except for designation lettering? Somehow *most* of the crew was the same for the same ship with the same name?
o i see u mention it! well, i called it first!! :P
Old 01-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

I was thoroughly disappointed with the new Star Trek series. Mostly because i always felt the DS9 series was by far the best of any run.

What captivates viewers is the story lines. DS9 had the best story lines because it involved different races/cultures which then created "immersion".

This new crap seems to be trying to attract the millennial generation which has proven disinterested since Enterprise.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Banned

Enterprise was horrible. Like, IDK if they were serious about trying to write a script or act or what.

The acting was absolute shit. Every personality was wooden and stiff. The only thing that show had going for it was a hot Vulcon....who was the most boring Vulcon personality wise I've seen on any Startrek.

No I never watched a bunch of seasons of it so if you have to wait 3 seasons for it to get good, ill probably never know.

Voyager is pretty cool (everyone likes NG and the original) -- but there is this annoying pattern....Janeway just does what will seem stubborn and annoying at the time...there's no consistency in her opinions. The only thing that is consist is she is headstrong and right anyway. Oh and really? Janeway is supposedly like a head scientist as well? Maybe an engineer....but like some kind energy theory or something she into....seems a bit of a mismatch.

It's also worth pointing out Tom Paris is kind of too corney for what hes supposed to be...and the romance between him in Bullana sucked up a lot of air time -- I don't know if anyone ever cared to see that.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-12-2018 at 02:13 PM..
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enterprise was horrible. Like, IDK if they were serious about trying to write a script or act or what.

The acting was absolute shit. Every personality was wooden and stiff. The only thing that show had going for it was a hot Vulcon....who was the most boring Vulcon personality wise I've seen on any Startrek.

No I never watched a bunch of seasons of it so if you have to wait 3 seasons for it to get good, ill probably never know.

Voyager is pretty cool (everyone likes NG and the original) -- but there is this annoying pattern....Janeway just does what will seem stubborn and annoying at the time...there's no consistency in her opinions. The only thing that is consist is she is headstrong and right anyway. Oh and really? Janeway is supposedly like a head scientist as well? Maybe an engineer....but like some kind energy theory or something she into....seems a bit of a mismatch.

It's also worth pointing out Tom Paris is kind of too corney for what hes supposed to be...and the romance between him in Bullana sucked up a lot of air time -- I don't know if anyone ever cared to see that.

ITS been a LONNNG time, gettin from there to hereeeee
Old 02-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Banned

godawful finale.

why would the klingons cooperate with being hostages?
Closed Thread