Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of the personal thank yous I receive are for NOT allowing boxing. This has nothing to do with this topic.. and I'm very happy not to facilitate robots.

There's many other servers you can do that on.. go box elsewhere.
People aren't bringing it up to say they want boxing allowed, they are bringing it up as a counter-argument to everyone who says "xxxxxxxxx isn't classic!" because it shows exceptions to the supposed strict classical mentality are made.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Project Manager

aka, has nothing to do with current argument? Make a new thread
Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its 100% about the thread when peoples reasoning for YES is "its classic"
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Project Manager

Actually, I'll respond to that then.

In 1999, what do you think was the total population of players physically using more than 1 machine to play EQ? 2 ISDN, dial-up, or rarely cable modem machines. I'd guess about 1%.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's direct rebuttal to an argument someone makes about why OOC shouldn't be on, how are you unable to see how it's a relevant point to be made?

Person A: Global channels should be removed because they aren't classic and everything should be made to be classic on a classic server.
Person B: Well, boxing isn't allowed and classically would have been, yet you oppose boxing, therefore you don't support a strict classical setting.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Orc

Quote:

In 1999, what do you think was the total population of players physically using more than 1 machine to play EQ? 2 ISDN, dial-up, or rarely cable modem machines. I'd guess about 1%.
Agreed. Back in 1999, people simply did not have nearly as much capability to multi-box. Most households only had 1 PC.

Today, just about everyone has multiple computers lying around. It would be far more abused if it was used now.

World's first MMORPG with true family systems
Player-created villages, dungeons and items
Dynamic weather, monsters and events
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Project Manager

Yep, that's why I made a new comment. I see where you're trying to go with that.

Maybe I'll do a lottery and give 1 person the right to box? I mean its relevant I guess, but really not. ON average, no one was boxing and EVERYONE was seeing only zonewide ooc and auction.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

That's not the point, the point is classically it would have been allowed, and it is not allowed here to help foster certain elements of the server. Not everything is strictly classical.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Project Manager

Okay cool. We can argue that all day long.

Yes or No poll for current topic though.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Why are people posting that just because its classic it shouldn't be in for conveinence reasons? People already knew that when they cast their vote.

Removing it is winning the poll, its what is clearly desired by the greater majority.