Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-24-2023, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could probably paci down to where most people kill it,but I don't think that's your jam.
Nah, I hate dying then not being able to play sitting with a thumb up my ass doing /who’s and begging rezzes for days

Might be playing the wrong class to not take chances but until I can find a reliable rezzer, I prefer to play it safe, usually outside

Edit: even outside, just had a moment where I can call a potential death. Had a blue con charmed pet hasted and with a torch. I accidentally pulled two adds instead of one, and as I was casting root I had a thought “if charm breaks right now I’m in really deep shit”

Well, guess what happened. Yup, broke right then. 3 mobs on me, one hasted with a torch, it was a miracle I got the stun off. And the reason for being an hp junkie becomes clear. Free rune and rune 3 were gone, and I was at 1 bubble of health when I regained control and mez blurred everything to reset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even outside the shit can hit the fan
Last edited by unsunghero; 07-24-2023 at 09:55 PM..
Old 07-25-2023, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, I hate dying then not being able to play sitting with a thumb up my ass doing /who’s and begging rezzes for days

Might be playing the wrong class to not take chances but until I can find a reliable rezzer, I prefer to play it safe, usually outside

Edit: even outside, just had a moment where I can call a potential death. Had a blue con charmed pet hasted and with a torch. I accidentally pulled two adds instead of one, and as I was casting root I had a thought “if charm breaks right now I’m in really deep shit”

Well, guess what happened. Yup, broke right then. 3 mobs on me, one hasted with a torch, it was a miracle I got the stun off. And the reason for being an hp junkie becomes clear. Free rune and rune 3 were gone, and I was at 1 bubble of health when I regained control and mez blurred everything to reset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even outside the shit can hit the fan
What level are you? Eat the death like a man. If you don't practice tight dungeon spaces now what are you going to do later when its even harder?
Old 07-25-2023, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

If your really adverse to dieing just setup a cap mule on wc. If your gonna die just cap out,200p and minimal hassle.
If it's a popular spot like chardok I just die,but in annoying spots like pom it's handy
Old 07-25-2023, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you? Eat the death like a man. If you don't practice tight dungeon spaces now what are you going to do later when its even harder?
I think I've died less than 10 times from 1-57 thus far

It's not the exp loss I mind, I'm just lazy and prefer to be bound near EC so that I can pounce on good deals easier. This means I'm bound worlds away from where I die (kunark or velious), and hate the travel time back

I practiced in Sol A and B extensively, gnomevision+pacify stuff. A tiny bit in CoM. That's about as high as I'm comfortable with thus far

I don't think even the best enchanters in the game are immune to high level dungeon solo deaths. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of using the leatherfoot raider cap yet. Also I don't have a GGR, which is really most useful in dungeon scenarios where you have a charmed pet being beat on by 3 mobs around it and need to break charm in a flash. So even if I did commit to doing high level dungeons, I would likely be losing charmed pets left and right

I don't even ever see myself being able to consistently use Rune 4, peridots are such a fuckin rip off IMO
Old 07-26-2023, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Do you not have an OT hammer?

Make sure you get Bedlam for 58. Total game changer.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you not have an OT hammer?

Make sure you get Bedlam for 58. Total game changer.
Ya I have OT hammer but it would be on my body, I use it to bank since I still have the faction there

Ya one of the few good spells I have, and one of the only I didn’t overpay on (paid 15k, it still goes for about that)

Not like C2 which I paid 4k for and then quit and now it’s like 400p

Or Zumaik’s which I paid 8k for and now it goes for 2-3k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Buying spells at high initial prices and then quitting the game for a year as the price slowly goes down…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2395.jpg (23.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-26-2023, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

You can make all that back while leveling at NG at 58. Ez pz
Old 07-28-2023, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You can make all that back while leveling at NG at 58. Ez pz
Yeah 8k-10k for bedlam on green, few bags at Ng easy peeze.
Old 07-28-2023, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah 8k-10k for bedlam on green, few bags at Ng easy peeze.
If it involves camping then pass

Staring at an empty wall for hours is not how video games were meant to be played, even back then
Old 07-28-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it involves camping then pass

Staring at an empty wall for hours is not how video games were meant to be played, even back then
Its not. It can be an active spot to level at, or it can be a kill 3 bugs and AFK (or recover from a mistake / bad RNG) type of thing.

Its a fantastic XP with plat spot. But you'll have to actually play your class correctly to have some success there.