Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Default Plane of fear(again)

I spent a lot of time in plane of fear on live and theres a few things that might need tweaking.

First there is the Glare lord that paths all around the plane of fear zone, it basically roams the very edge of the zone wall counter clockwise(east to west).

It takes about 15 minute of roaming to go from north wall "safe spot", to north wall "safe spot" again.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you can fix this but mobs in the temple should aggro without LoS. This is how it used to be on live. Currently, certain spots inside the firewall are even safer than north wall. Inside the fire wall was a big no no on live and you'd die if you'd try any of those shenanigans. If you cannot fix this, I'd suggest you make a roaming warrior outside the first "floor" of the temple that circle the temple. That would prevent any kind of safe spot inside the fire wall.

Third thing is those 3 toads you added as roamers on the west side of the map. There wasnt any toad on the west side. If you want to keep those mobs, I'd suggest switching them to scarelings, spiders or shiverbacks. I'd go with more scarelings to keep the difficulty level on the high side [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm just nitpicking with these changes really! If you wanted to emulate live then these things would provide a better experience in the plane of fear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Project Manager

Thanks, good info here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First there is the Glare lord that paths all around the plane of fear zone, it basically roams the very edge of the zone wall counter clockwise(east to west).

It takes about 15 minute of roaming to go from north wall "safe spot", to north wall "safe spot" again.
Fixed, pending update

Quote:
Secondly, I'm not sure if you can fix this but mobs in the temple should aggro without LoS. This is how it used to be on live. Currently, certain spots inside the firewall are even safer than north wall. Inside the fire wall was a big no no on live and you'd die if you'd try any of those shenanigans. If you cannot fix this, I'd suggest you make a roaming warrior outside the first "floor" of the temple that circle the temple. That would prevent any kind of safe spot inside the fire wall.
I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Third thing is those 3 toads you added as roamers on the west side of the map. There wasnt any toad on the west side. If you want to keep those mobs, I'd suggest switching them to scarelings, spiders or shiverbacks. I'd go with more scarelings to keep the difficulty level on the high side [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed, pending update
Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Toad genocide = happiness.
NW Druid genocide = more happiness.

Keep it up!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

since its a circle, maybe make a invis npc right in the middle of the ring with a proximity and on enter add the client to hatelist (if the hatelist is clear)

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
since its a circle, maybe make a invis npc right in the middle of the ring with a proximity and on enter add the client to hatelist (if the hatelist is clear)
That would be the plan. Something like it, isolated to the npcs within the ring. I think the harm touches were instant though, regardless of LOS from the temple. If someone remembers that better we should be able to fix it up.

I've read that a glare lord should be in the fire ring. Making it difficult to train the temple mobs. Anyone know about that?

I also read that the golems should proc.

Quote:
Fright (level 50), Terror (level 52), and Dread - These are all the same mob, with different names and textures. They look like gigantic Mud, Rock, and Steel golems, cast EarthElementalAttack (root) while chasing you, and cast Ghoulroot when they hit you.
Quote:
One of these (i forgot which) has a NASTY AoE cold spell, so bring cold resist gear.
This alludes to one of the golems possessing an AE cold spell. I assume it would be Terror, which also has AE cold proc after the revamp. At first I would assume it is just non classic information, but the rest of the page is all classic including CT and his loots. http://www.7-13.com/merciless/pof.html

Can anyone verify any of that?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:29 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Pretty sure you couldn't bind in PoF/PoH.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Project Manager

You could definitely bind in fear.

PoH binding was removed with the patch. Did some searching around, found no evidence that you should be able.
Closed Thread