Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-22-2022, 07:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Spell icon editing questions - how much can we change?

So, I've been trying to tinker with the UI, more specifically with the spell icons.

I found the spells0X.tga UI files, so I know they can be edited, but since I couldn't find a list of which spell references which icon, especially since the same images repeat multiple times in the .tga files. So I decided to just test it by marking some icons, and loading up the ui in the game to see which icons were affected.

As an example, of the 4 spells below that all use the same eye icon, 3 of them refer to the same square in the .tga file, while one of them refers to a different one.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So some spells look like they have the same icon, but they're actually 2 different sources, while others do actually refer to the same source.

So here are my two questions:
1.) Is there a list available somewhere that tells you which spells reference which icons in the .tga files, or a way to identify it other than testing it by marking the images and just checking manually?

2.) Is there a way to change which icon the spell references? As in, is it possible to have, for example, Sense Animals and Dance of the Fireflies to have different icons, or is the fact that they use the same icon a hard-locked situation?
Thanks for the help! Looking forward to tinkering more!
Old 08-25-2022, 04:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

UPDATE - I have found the answer to the 2nd question but I'm still looking for the 1st. Having some luck looking through files although I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.