Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
““At SVB, “there was a lot of risk they were taking on that other banks wouldn’t,” said Sarah Kunst, a managing director at venture capital fund Cleo Capital. “That ultimately was part of their demise.”

Other banks knew better and that’s why they survived

SVB deserves to fail
Knew better than to invest in the US government?
Old 03-14-2023, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knew better than to invest in the US government?
Knew better than to move all their money into something where a rate hike would kill them

They didn’t have the foresight that other banks did

Isn’t diversifying your investing like basic basic shit when it comes to finance?

Can’t wait to put all my money on splitting aces in Vegas, then doubling down on each 10 I get, then losing, and saying “DADDY GOVERNMENT give me my money back because I made the smart play!”

No you put all your money into something and lost, sorry
Old 03-14-2023, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knew better than to move all their money into something where a rate hike would kill them

Isn’t diversifying your investing like basic basic shit when it comes to finance?

Can’t wait to put all my money on splitting aces in Vegas, then doubling down on each 10 I get, then losing, and saying “DADDY GOVERNMENT give me my money back because I made the smart play!”

Daddy government caused their investments to fail. There was and is no burden of prescience on SVB.

Bail 'em out!
Old 03-14-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:

unsung if you don't even understand what the foresight is that other banks have but this weird tech bank did not then maybe it's not something worthwhile for you to have such an entrenched opinion about.

i don't understand this high level financial shit in the slightest. if truly unsavory acts were committed then it would be cool for someone to face jail time over it, but otherwise i just hope the harm from this mess can be limited as much as possible and those making these decisions learn from mistakes that were possibly made.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daddy government caused their investments to fail. There was and is no burden of prescience on SVB.
Uhh yes there is, which is why I just linked a quote from a finance expert saying their risky investing lead to their demise

You can believe whatever you want to believe though
Old 03-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unsung if you don't even understand what the foresight is that other banks have but this weird tech bank did not then maybe it's not something worthwhile for you to have such an entrenched opinion about.

i don't understand this high level financial shit in the slightest. if truly unsavory acts were committed then it would be cool for someone to face jail time over it, but otherwise i just hope the harm from this mess can be limited as much as possible and those making these decisions learn from mistakes that were possibly made.
“At SVB, “there was a lot of risk they were taking on that other banks wouldn’t,” said Sarah Kunst, a managing director at venture capital fund Cleo Capital. “That ultimately was part of their demise

You don’t have to read it, it’s ok
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-14-2023, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Line to see Trump speak in Iowa

People want it put back the way it was before this war causing, America last, cost of living jacking, woke n retarded Biden admin got rigged into office.

Who the hell cares about controlled opposition Fox News? Lol?
Fox News is the most watched cable news station in the country, so I guess the answer is your fellow paste eating GOPtards. They're also the only ones who want to put things back the way they were when the fat pedophile you all worship was still in the White House.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:20 PM
Banned

I’m also financially illiterate and even I know it’s stupid not to diversify investing

Especially with all this recession talk looming, and these huge spending bills that will drive inflation
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-14-2023, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fox News is the most watched cable news station in the country, so I guess the answer is your fellow paste eating GOPtards. They're also the only ones who want to put things back the way they were when the fat pedophile you all worship was still in the White House.
They might even get a low as CNN’s earnings
Old 03-14-2023, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
“At SVB, “there was a lot of risk they were taking on that other banks wouldn’t,” said Sarah Kunst, a managing director at venture capital fund Cleo Capital. “That ultimately was part of their demise

You don’t have to read it, it’s ok
It's not risk-taking if the risk is forced upon you.
Closed Thread