Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT: people assuming they know how the emulator works because 'they remember from live'
which was why i used past tense for my comments 8)

i have no idea how they work on here
Old 09-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

IF SOMEONE WAS WRONG ABOUT ONE FACT, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE AT THEIR CLASS OMG THEY SHOULD BE INSULTED AND SHAMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why they made belts for pets with +hp +haste, etc.? I bet those didn't do anything since they're not visible pieces of armor, right? *rolls eyes*

You must have been a pretty terrible necro. You won't find out where because you're wrong lol

Air pet is also a monk for post-49 pets. (kunark summons) So, that was wrong too.
Hostility Detected.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Sorry gents but I'm gonna try to get this back on track.

Jodie, there's plenty of resources out there with Classic information about mage pets. Now sadly our beloved emulator doesn't work EXACTLY like Classic but I know that Wenai and the other devs have gotten us as close as possible to it.

Check these out to better help you understand how the pets work and why they would be nerfed/buffed/etc.

EQSummoners: http://www.xalmat.com/eqsummoners.com-old/eq1index.html (Pets > Statistics > Each specific pet link has a lot of raw information on them)

EQ Magician Resource: http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/elementals.html (Awesome simple run down of the pets)

And as someone previously stated, the fire pet's AC was nerfed since their survivability was far too high, and to be honest still is even after the nerf.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 09-14-2010, 06:19 PM
VIP / Contributor

Pets are NPCs. NPCs can and do equip armor. For an example, go look at the random yellowish bits on mistmoore NPCs that have bronze. (shouldn't display, but that's a story for another day)
Old 09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianlo1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, yes, pets do wear armor, although only the visible peices that would show on your character make a difference...jewelry ect dont add or change a pet stats.
Pets should have all slots that players have, with exception of only one wrist, ear and ring. http://necrotalk.com/ is a great web site that has tons of forums on gearing your pet.

They can use non visible armor slots like belts (haste), They do have ranged slots as well.

The same is true for charmed pets. Which is nice, because you can kill your pet at the end, and re-loot your stuff. Just dont forget which one was yours.
Last edited by Eccentricaa; 09-14-2010 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Add Info
Old 09-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Aviak

I want to say Mage Compendium classified all pets at warrior up until the kunark pets. From that point forward, fire was wizard, water was rogue, and earth and air were warrior, with earth having a focus on hp over ac and air having a focus on ac over hp. I'm pretty sure they debunked the "air is monk" claim.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

They may have officially debunked the 'Air Pet is monk' claim but theres still a funky mechanic there because I have personally witnessed many air pets kick for 150-ish damage.
No other pet can do that.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They may have officially debunked the 'Air Pet is monk' claim but theres still a funky mechanic there because I have personally witnessed many air pets kick for 150-ish damage.
No other pet can do that.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Careful, she can kick for 150 damage.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Sarnak

Either no one answered straight out or people still aren't getting it.

Air pets and water pets and fire pets and whoever all don't change to non-warriors till 50+. That's not here yet.
Closed Thread