Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 04-30-2024, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Default Equipping Zumaik’s Animation

Is the only way to make Zumaik’s Animation do more damage to buff it or equip it with a weapon that procs?

I’m planning on using it to farm but if I have to farm deadwood staves first, it seems a bit much.

I’m assuming torches do nothing for Zumaik’s.

So my plan is to cast boon of the garou, wondrous rapidity and give it a deadwood stave (I’m assuming the stave stacks with the boon). If it’s too annoying to farm the deadwood stave,I’ll just give it haste and boon of the garou and equip it with nothing?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2024, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

is this going to be a long farm session or something?

deadwood staves are cheap enough...and if you're just gonna be breezing a bunch of easy mobs it could be worth it...

but...if its anything thats actually going to threaten your animation you're probably better off getting a bunch of tiny daggers and just resummoning fresh ones?

what exactly are you looking to farm?
Old 04-30-2024, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but...if its anything thats actually going to threaten your animation you're probably better off getting a bunch of tiny daggers and just resummoning fresh ones?
I agree with this. Tiny Daggers stack, they are cheap, and can be bought from a merchant. Deadwood Staves don't seem like they are a better option.

Unless you have some very specific mob in mind that is just barely doing enough damage to kill your animation? Are you trying to like semi-afk farm something that you want your pet to just take care of without you having to do anything?
Old 04-30-2024, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Yes I can’t quite kill geonids reliably with Zumaik’s.

I also do very long sessions at hill giants in rathe mtns and ice giants in Everfrost Peaks
Old 04-30-2024, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I can’t quite kill geonids reliably with Zumaik’s.

I also do very long sessions at hill giants in rathe mtns and ice giants in Everfrost Peaks
How close are you getting to killing the Geos? Best case scenario for 2x Deadwood Staves is like 150 HP + Damage a Minute if you proc the average of 3 per minute at 255 DEX. If the Geo is still at like 30%+ HP when your pet dies, I am not sure if Deadwood Staves are going to be enough. Geos can hit pretty hard.

Zumaik's Animation does 56 at max, so it's not going to be super cheap and easy to find weapons with 29+ damage that you can just throw on your pet (or weapons with high damage procs). At that point you'd need to farm some areas that take a bit more effort like Seb for something like https://wiki.project1999.com/Felhammer . Not saying Felhammer is the best weapon to farm, but it's an example of a weapon that isn't worth a lot of money, and has over 28 damage.

EDIT: https://wiki.project1999.com/Argent_Defender Might be a bit better since it isn't lore, but not 100% sure if the extra damage would offset the Deadwood Stave procs. Would be interesting to see.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-30-2024 at 12:52 PM..
Old 04-30-2024, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How close are you getting to killing the Geos? Best case scenario for 2x Deadwood Staves is like 150 HP + Damage a Minute if you proc the average of 3 per minute at 255 DEX. If the Geo is still at like 30%+ HP when your pet dies, I am not sure if Deadwood Staves are going to be enough. Geos can hit pretty hard.

Zumaik's Animation does 56 at max, so it's not going to be super cheap and easy to find weapons with 29+ damage that you can just throw on your pet (or weapons with high damage procs). At that point you'd need to farm some areas that take a bit more effort like Seb for something like https://wiki.project1999.com/Felhammer . Not saying Felhammer is the best weapon to farm, but it's an example of a weapon that isn't worth a lot of money, and has over 28 damage.

EDIT: https://wiki.project1999.com/Argent_Defender Might be a bit better since it isn't lore, but not 100% sure if the extra damage would offset the Deadwood Stave procs. Would be interesting to see.
Ok so dual wielding deadwood staves is a thing.

If I were to equip argent defender or something with 29dmg+, would I also want to put something in the off hand?
Old 04-30-2024, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

geonids would be rough with an animation....why not just charm?
Old 04-30-2024, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

I would also charm geos instead of using an animation.

But to squeeze a little more out of pets probably add https://wiki.project1999.com/Earring_of_Blazing_Energy click (you can cast it but that's kind of a hassle compared to the click), bedlams, maybe stuns. I've never tried https://wiki.project1999.com/Glaive_of_Marltek + fear but it sounds like a fun experiment if you're collecting pet weapons -- stuff seems to run slower below 40% hp and much slower below 20%, you could wait till 40% and fear if you have a bit of space. Looks like there are some cheapo engulfing darkness weapons too.

Yes if you use a two hander I believe you have to torch as well to keep dual wield.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Long as geos can hit for 144, you can torch then swarmcaller. It'll quad and slow . Add a cleric friend and profit
Old 04-30-2024, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long as geos can hit for 144, you can torch then swarmcaller. It'll quad and slow . Add a cleric friend and profit
this