Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-12-2022, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree with you on this. Except a shaman doesn't have better steering capabilities. It has healing and utility that is already covered in the group and not needed. It brings nothing but mediocre DPS to this group composition. Which a mage provides better. Doesn't matter if it means extra spawns or not. Once again better is better and you cannot heal full HP targets.
The Shaman does. They offer more safety and more camp options. I would much rather decrease chances of wiping than go 1 second faster on a kill when it doesn't give me anything. If you aren't getting more kills per hour, DPS is meaningless.

I am sorry, nobody is going to notice a few extra seconds of AFK time, and most players aren't going to be playing in extremely long sessions where you get an extra cycle. It also depends on the camp. Fungi King would take like 80 hours to get an extra cycle on.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your group is going 11 hours in a single session, you have an increased chance of wiping due to fatigue. You just keep assuming everybody is playing perfect forever. I am sorry, but you aren't as pro as you think.
No, your post indicates that you may (yet again) be confused about the context of this discussion. All players are assumed to be good/decent players, not "playing perfect forever". Why have you - and only you - used this particular verbiage? Hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wouldn't cast Malo/Slow on mobs dying in 30 seconds, so I am not sure why you are even talking about that
Quote:
You just keep saying this because it is all you have.
What is "this" that you are - unsubstantiated & falsely - claiming that PlsNoBan is "saying" and why did you use this particular verbiage?

Your apology is as irrelevant as your solo Shaman DPS "data/evidence" hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2022, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Has anyone ever been in an XP group with 2 or 3 Shaman? How about 2 or 3 Clerics or Bards? The answer is probably no, and if the answer is yes, you likely did not find the experience particularly productive or enjoyable.

On the other hand, has anyone ever been in an XP group with 2 or 3 Rogues or Mages? I would say most of us at some point. And you probably marveled at how quickly things died and how much XP you were getting.

The point is to illustrate that DPS stacks infinitely, while utility does not. You can always benefit from more DPS, but you don't always benefit from more utility. This is the fundamental truth about EQ that DSM refuses to acknowledge.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:46 PM
Orc

I'm still confident we will all come to unanimous consensus in this Internet forum thread. In the meantime, we're eyeing 300. I don't know if a 300 meme is more appropriate or an "I'm doing my part." Or maybe popcorn. All I know is I'm sitting in EC right now /ooc'ing for DPS shaman for my Mistmoore group; while we're fighting up in CE, he can be root rotting all of pit for absolute supreme mana efficiency and DPS. The group had a long discussion about it and concluded that would make the most sense.
Last edited by slard271; 09-12-2022 at 10:49 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone ever been in an XP group with 2 or 3 Shaman? How about 2 or 3 Clerics or Bards? The answer is probably no, and if the answer is yes, you likely did not find the experience particularly productive or enjoyable.

On the other hand, has anyone ever been in an XP group with 2 or 3 Rogues or Mages? I would say most of us at some point. And you probably marveled at how quickly things died and how much XP you were getting.

The point is to illustrate that DPS stacks infinitely, while utility does not. You can always benefit from more DPS, but you don't always benefit from more utility. This is the fundamental truth about EQ that DSM refuses to acknowledge.
This is such a bad example. Of course you are less likely to hit DPS thresholds with 3 clerics. Who was arguing otherwise?

You are just going between the two extremes lol. Four Mages is redundant DPS with no utility, and 4 clerics doesn't have enough DPS.

Thats why you build something balanced, like Shaman/Necro/Enchanter/Mage. You get all the utility and you hit the DPS breakpoints.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
This is such a bad example. Of course you are less likely to hit DPS thresholds with 3 clerics. Who was arguing otherwise?

You are just going between the two extremes lol. Four Mages is redundant DPS with no utility, and 4 clerics doesn't have enough DPS.

Thats why you build something balanced, like Shaman/Necro/Enchanter/Mage. You get all the utility and you hit the DPS breakpoints.
Quote:
You wouldn't cast Malo/Slow on mobs dying in 30 seconds, so I am not sure why you are even talking about that.
Let's continue our civil discussion guys!

According to DSM, you would not Malo/Slow mobs dying in 30 seconds. In the context of a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, this would presumably be most mobs.

What value does a Shaman add to Enc/Enc/Clr group over a Mage if the Shaman will (as has been irrefutably stated by DSM in this thread) not utilize Malo or Slow for most of the mobs the group is killing hehe? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2022, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

HUH.jpg
Old 09-12-2022, 11:34 PM
Banned

Hi, I'm DSM, I acknowledge that my malo and slow and dots aren't beneficial in fast killing groups. My data shows that my DPS is inferior to actual DPS classes. I realize a cleric will have no problem keeping this group alive. When someone asks me what the best 4 man caster/priest group is I insist it must include shaman. So I'll post 800+ times about it and make 17 different arguments and keep changing them and moving the goal posts when people call me on my absolute bullshit. My latest and greatest argument is basically "I'm better than more DPS cause just in case the cleric is retarded or goes AFK I can heal or something? Also more DPS is bad if it doesn't get you more named/PH cycles in under 3 hours cause nobody on P99 plays more than that LOL". I believe this is very persuasive and will turn many forum reading elves to my side of the argument. Shamans 4 lyfe!

P.S. I can always root rot adds for extra DPS. That's not stupid at all trust me.
Old 09-12-2022, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I'm DSM, I acknowledge that my malo and slow and dots aren't beneficial in fast killing groups. My data shows that my DPS is inferior to actual DPS classes. I realize a cleric will have no problem keeping this group alive. When someone asks me what the best 4 man caster/priest group is I insist it must include shaman. So I'll post 800+ times about it and make 17 different arguments and keep changing them and moving the goal posts when people call me on my absolute bullshit. My latest and greatest argument is basically "I'm better than more DPS cause just in case the cleric is retarded or goes AFK I can heal or something? Also more DPS is bad if it doesn't get you more named/PH cycles in under 3 hours cause nobody on P99 plays more than that LOL". I believe this is very persuasive and will turn many forum reading elves to my side of the argument. Shamans 4 lyfe!

P.S. I can always root rot adds for extra DPS. That's not stupid at all trust me.
Mega yikes. I wouldn't bother writing these long paragraphs, since none of it makes sense anyway. You're just wasting your time doing this instead of providing evidence. You just keep rehashing your obvious strawmen because you can't address my arguments directly.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-12-2022 at 11:44 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

You sure do like saying mega yikes now, new catchphrase?