Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Default warriors on pvp servers

this just goes out to anyone who used to play on sony PVP servers way back in the day. How did the warrior do? I know when I had my warrior bashndash on p99 I got roflpwned by pretty much any other class in the game as a warrior when I dueled someone.

How do they stand up on a PVP server? One of the attractive things about them, is that they will be SO rare since most people won't want to roll the weakest PVP class that cant bind, sow, or gate and is useless once naked. So they will be a huge commodity for raiding guilds in the end game, thoughts?

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Warriors aren't really for duels, though they can certainly win them against some classes. Keep in mind a level 50 warrior gets 25MR for free, in addition to having access to all the best resist gear. You can get like 150MR without any raid gear, and back in the day, that made warriors essentially unkillable by clerics and enchanters. Other casters would still have a difficult time due to being unable to CC the warrior at all. I wouldn't give the advantage to the warrior in a duel against all classes, mostly because they can just be kited around so easily, but it's not some bottom feeder class either. As with any melee except maybe ranger, warriors shine in group PvP, especially in dungeon assist trains. They're one of the best classes for indoors PvP, and they'll be really good in the early high-level play because they have easy access to a 25dmg 2hander that nobody else can use.

In PvP, warriors play a lot like rogues. The main difference is that warriors can joust better, rogues have controlled burst from backstab, and warriors have random burst in the form of crits. Play aggressively against pretty much anyone, you have nothing to gain from being defensive. Make sure you don't get kited - if someone catches you outdoors and just plays the running game, don't bother unless you have jboots and they don't. Just run in the opposite direction if you can't get close, you'll look like a newbie if you get kited like some mob.

TL;DR: warriors are pretty good for dungeon PvP and get high MR easily.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Fire Giant

Bockscar covered it quite well. Warriors are basically the same in PVP as they are in PVE. You'll shine in groups and dungeons while not being all that great solo.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As with any melee except maybe ranger, warriors shine in group PvP, especially in dungeon assist trains.
lol wtf?
They are just as good . . .
but anyways, as a warrior resistances (mostly for casters so no cc) and ac and str will be key to winning fights.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Warriors won't be rare at all, you'll see lots of ogres and some trolls in the uber pk guilds. And yes, Bockscar's post covered their role pretty well. They're also not useless in open pvp, especially if you get some bard speed + resists..
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol wtf?
They are just as good . . .
Rangers are more of a 1v1 class.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Banned

When the fighting moves to dungeons, you'll be happy with your warrior. Get magic resist and play with a group.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Basically warriors are terrible without resist gear. And even when you do get that you'll need to be carried by a group of casters to be effective.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

All pure melees are shit w/o resist gear. I don't think warriors/melees will need to be carried as much once they get some resists, though. 100 MR and you're likely resisting all CC spells-- throw in some SoW pots and a warrior could be a serious pain in the ass for almost all classes (assuming you know how to joust etc)

Given the LOS mechanics on this server, pure melees are going to be able to dump on people in dungeons. Can't wait, pals.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

just get jboots asap, once you jboots you cant be rooted and i think snared either? or maybe it was selos that cancelled it out .
Closed Thread