Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Large Bat

Default Fan

Im a fan.

no one has told him to reroll a pulling class?? Seems to be great unrest puller.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Just give him a level 50 druid DS, chloro, chanter rune, talisman and symbol. He will own!

I would do my part just to watch!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just give him a level 50 druid DS, chloro, chanter rune, talisman and symbol. He will own!

I would do my part just to watch!
Haste? Clarity? What is this, amateur hour?

Oh, and SOW.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Large Bat

Default dont

Haha if everyone buffed him everytime anyone seen him he would never need a group. He would probably beat me to 50!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Kobold

I can toss in Skin Like Wood.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Large Bat

Default Donate

Donating 50p for Xosire to port anywhere he desires!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haste? Clarity? What is this, amateur hour?

Oh, and SOW.
From the sounds of it, he doesn't need to cast spells. and the DS more than covers any need for haste. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good call on SoW though.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the sounds of it, he doesn't need to cast spells. and the DS more than covers any need for haste. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good call on SoW though.
Cleric nukes are great for pulling. And all melee classes need haste!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric nukes are great for pulling. And all melee classes need haste!
Nah man, all you need is 2 legs and a damage shield. Casting spells? Melee? What kind of mess is that? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yt2005 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah. I think I see what you truly don't understand; allow me to explain. The reality is that while the skills of those who are complaining may vary, the fact that this person is so much worse at the game is by far the largest contributing factor to their bad experiences.

Perhaps you might understand better with a anecdote. The parallels won't be exactly the same, but the point that you say you're having trouble with may be more easily understood this way. My apologies if it doesn't quite pan out...

Imagine that there is a shared stable of horses from which the collective owners choose 6 to pull their carriage. While perhaps not all the horses are thoroughbreds, and they may be uncoordinated enough to sometimes lead the carriage into a ditch from time to time, in general the experience is somewhat smooth and the trips are generally a success.

Now imagine that one of the horses in the stable is a complete disaster. Its eyes are crossed, its legs aren't all the same length, and unfortunately it has eaten enough spoiled oats to cause major brain damage. Whenever this retarded horse is hitched up with the others, the trips always end in complete catastrophe. Somehow trips down the road to the neighbor's house end up in the lake not far from it. Whenever they're returning home from the merchant, all the season's goods that they've spent so long saving up for ultimately end up scattered in the mud after a rather disastrous tumble that could have easily been avoided.

Now, a casual outside observer may figure that all the horses from each of the trips are bad and should be taken out back and shot. However, anyone who has personally witnessed it, either while riding the carriage or observing from afar, has seen how the brain-damaged horse pulls and yanks in completely the wrong direction, it trips on its own hooves, it bangs into other horses... those observers could easily ascertain that the true blame lies with the retarded horse. Whereas some of the other horses may sometimes get in trouble due to a lack of training, the constant disasters that occur when the brain-damaged horse is hitched up cannot truly be pinned on the others. Such an observer might be inclined to warn the others, so that they can avoid such disasters in the future and so that they know where the blame really lies. Something is not normal about these expeditions, and that thing is the retarded horse.

Are you able to see the issue now? I want to avoid you not "understanding" again, so I'll spell it out a bit more clearly. Xosire is the retarded horse that keeps dooming the group to disaster with his retarded antics. You are the casual outside observer who concludes that the entire team is to blame. The other users complaining on this forum represent both the other horses, who have been doomed to failure by Xosire, as well as the observers who have witnessed or experienced it and can plainly see that indeed it is Xosire's fault.

I hope that perhaps you are able to more fully grasp the situation; it is not that everyone is blaming some retarded kid for them being terrible at EQ, rather they are blaming some retarded kid for causing their group heaps of trouble and tragedy that would not have otherwise occurred, and are warning other people away from the retarded kid. They don't need to "pack up" and "move on", they simply need to avoid Xosire and their experience will improve; in fact, without the constant stream of needless disasters they will be able to improve their skills, and since they are likely not like the hopeless case that is Xosire, even if the are "terrible at EQ", they will improve. Such is how games are meant to be played; people have varying natural skill but most improve with time... they just need to not be hobbled time after time by a horrible cleric.
tl;dr: you are bad at everquest