Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing wrong with that. I totally respect that that's what your guild is about. It will be almost impossible to have more than one or two of those type guilds with pop below 5-600 though. People will primarily gravitate to the big guilds at least at first. My only actual issue is when people push agendas like variance and such because of "the zerg". Recruit and contest or form raid alliances. If you want to stay small scale and actually have pve goals, you have to make some sort of concession in order to do it. Crying that one side has too many people is not the way.
That last part obviously doesn't apply to FoH from what you just said, but I think you see where I'm coming from. I hope.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

The problem with the zerg isn't PVE related, for us anyways. If <Azrael> bitches because they want uncontested pixels then whatever, let them grovel under the zerg for scraps.

The downside to a zerg guild on a PVP server is right now <Holocaust> is 50% of the server pop. If they don't kill their own members, they have just chopped pvp targets down dramatically, therefor they can't be engaging in pvp as much if that was instead 2 or 3 guilds, for example.

A lot of it is inevitable, but there are good and bad sides to everything, and people who are for and against everything. I get it, I just don't support it personally. It will eventually come crashing down under its own weight though, so no matter.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not nearly as bad as doing Vex Thall in Luclin. 0 mechanic fights against mobs with a zillion HP. Not even exaggerating when I say monks and warriors would just go afk on that shit in autoattack range.
I accidentally turn mobs during enrage.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go afk on that shit in autoattack range.
You just summed up my eq raiding career.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Banned

The only way to have 20v20v20 is if shit is hard coded to force it. There is a reason theme park mmos exist. They provide environments that don't naturally happen in a sandbox mmo. It is why instances and battlegrounds were created.

Not going to happen on project 1999. Would be better to push for realistic changes.

You really think Sirken is going to come up with some minor tweak that revolutionizes MMOs making instances/battlegrounds irrelevant?
Last edited by HippoNipple; 02-13-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Old 02-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with the zerg isn't PVE related, for us anyways. If <Azrael> bitches because they want uncontested pixels then whatever, let them grovel under the zerg for scraps.

The downside to a zerg guild on a PVP server is right now <Holocaust> is 50% of the server pop. If they don't kill their own members, they have just chopped pvp targets down dramatically, therefor they can't be engaging in pvp as much if that was instead 2 or 3 guilds, for example.

A lot of it is inevitable, but there are good and bad sides to everything, and people who are for and against everything. I get it, I just don't support it personally. It will eventually come crashing down under its own weight though, so no matter.
Yeah. Very true. That's kind of what I was saying earlier though. The only way to start pulling people from holo is to offer something they can't, or do something exponentially better. Not just pvp, not forumquest. It has to be in game and it has to be about the players, not necessarily the guild. You're right though. Eventually Holo will start splintering and we will see more either go to other small guilds, or I think they will start forming new guilds due to mistrust of other guild leaders. Should be interesting to say the least.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Orc

I love and hate r99. i have met some cool people and i have met some assbags. with that being said i do think holo needs to be banned from recruiting till 3 months after velious release that also means not allowing angry wolves or redrum to be allowed to reform in anyway due to the fact 90% of the server knows these are holo alt guilds. if Sirken wants to say Holo zerg hurting the server than i say Fucking do something about it. you say these things then side with holo 99% of the time on most issues and you dont think there taking advantage of that? Fresh is helping the server by giving people a place to lvl 1-60 make friends and have fun. they even made 3 diff chars to hand out newbie gear to people that arent even in there guild. Suave trying to get a good core group going but at this time with 80% of there guild being AZ alts and most being the people in AZ that 90% of the server cant stand is hurting them. Flowers of Hapiness you call non factors but there hardcore pvp dont need shit to still kill people and have fun. they are getting new people everyday.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Flowers PK Champs of the box. your gear means nothing to our unmatched skill and style. the last holo wolves that ran their mouth found their corpse getting dancing on by miku. FoH crootin pals
Old 02-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewciferss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
holo needs to be banned from recruiting till 3 months after velious release
No they don't? Live proved that the system self-balances. If people get tired of the status quo or if Holo gets 200+ people on for Velious targets, it'll quickly splinter appropriately. The resulting turmoil will make for good stories.

You really really need a solid core for Velious; a zerg is just an endless stream of people to get minimum geared/keyed/factioned.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Orc

Really sad though because this is proving to be false. how long has holo been this big? its been this big sense i came back to the server and thats long enough. it would be great if holo was splintering off but there not. there members except a core 10-20 hit 60 bis then roll alts and repeat to the point where its just annoying. i hope these idiots realize that boxing will never be allowed on this server. still stand by what i said holo needs to be banned from recruiting till 3 months after velious release.