Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

well theres currently a 2% deviation in the poll. its effectively a 50/50 split so whichever way the wind blows will be extremely divisive to the population as a whole. even the most ardent global hater has to see that.
im glad i dont have to make the choice. I still see global private channels as the best compromise, of course thats only my opinion yours may differ.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Kobold

Global private channels wouldn't change anything. There will be an private global OOC channel and a private global auction channel. The only difference would be that the text is blue instead of green.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Global private channels wouldn't change anything. There will be an private global OOC channel and a private global auction channel. The only difference would be that the text is blue instead of green.
you would also have to explictly join the channels so there could be no argument about whether you want to be there or not. from the whining in ooc most of the local channels only crowd cant quite get there heads around how to turn off ooc so this would help them by turning it into an opt in situation.
if you make the choice to be in the channels then you have no room to complain about them. If you dont join the channels then you have nothing to complain about.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Global right now is nothing more then a lazy way to get a group and a place to talk about random shit..

almost 50 pages later and there still has yet to be a good reason to keep it.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you would also have to explictly join the channels so there could be no argument about whether you want to be there or not. from the whining in ooc most of the local channels only crowd cant quite get there heads around how to turn off ooc so this would help them by turning it into an opt in situation.
if you make the choice to be in the channels then you have no room to complain about them. If you dont join the channels then you have nothing to complain about.
ya'll really don't get the point do you? there would be an effect. if you gonna have global private channels might as well have global ooc, it doesn't matter if i can see the damn words or not. it would affect the entire server. c'mon look at it really really hard. Now tell me, honestly- you think it wouldn't affect anyone?- Malrubius put it best

"Ehh, I could say - "I don't get why other people porting themselves around the world at will with PoK stones has anything whatsoever to do with your gameplay. If you don't like the PoK stones, don't use them. It has no effect on you."

See the problem with that? It is a multiplayer game. What you do *does* affect me, and what I do *does* affect you.

In short, the existence of global channels affects the game world I play in - whether I use them or not. Just like PoK stones, in-game maps, monsters, spells, armor, weapons, good players, bad players, groups, soloers, oceans, land, swamp, lava, string, dung, music, sound, and tiny daggers."

think ppl, think.

manhatten
Old 05-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

yea!!! put manastones back in the game!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think almost everybody playing on this server either played in classic or at least has experience with EQ and I don't think its necessary even for the new players to have global chat.. besides one of the coolest things about classic was the EC tunnel i say bring it back!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:14 AM
Banned

At this point, I've given up on the proponents of server-wide chat. They can't comprehend why we don't want it, they're too stubborn to try to understand our point of view, and the only reason they can justify keeping it is that the game will be too hard without it. And when asked why they even play on this server, they respond "because I love classic EQ, I just don't like how frustrating and difficult it is/was"......

/shrug...
Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point, I've given up on the proponents of server-wide chat. They can't comprehend why we don't want it, they're too stubborn to try to understand our point of view, and the only reason they can justify keeping it is that the game will be too hard without it. And when asked why they even play on this server, they respond "because I love classic EQ, I just don't like how frustrating and difficult it is/was"......

/shrug...
I think most proponents of the global chat channels understand very well why some don't want them. I think most of us even agree with you, but feels the population is still too low to support it. At this stage I believe it's a very real concern that the removal of global chat will have a severe impact on the economy and the social interaction - especially during US off-peak hours, where many of us not from North America play.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:58 AM
VIP / Contributor

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread