Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-19-2022, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Lightbulb Multi-Quest Fix Suggestion - EZ to Implement!

Hi there! While venting with a friend about losing tons of plat in botched MQs for unknown reasons...we came up with an idea that could save people a lot of time/plat/hell it could even lesson the overall petition numbers as well as increase overall player enjoyment.

Anyone who as ever saved to buy a rare piece of Skyshrine armor MQ only to have it poof/or go back to the MQ holder because someone unknowingly (or maliciously) put the wrong gems in. Nothing takes the wind out of the old sails like a failed high-value MQ.

With the complexity of MQs as well as their large margin for error, I can understand why the staff has a "We dont help with MQ's policy." But what about giving the player base a little something to help themselves?

What I am proposing is that for certain high end quest mobs (Armor turn ins, Epic Quests, Spirit Cord, etc) be tagged with a special player usable command, "Show quest items." This command would show the player a list of items currently being held by the quest NPC and prevent many, many failed MQs. Simply knowing that a quest mob already has part of the turn in could allow you to make a different choice....maybe you kill the mob and let it reset or wait until the neck quake so that you know it is clean. This simple tool could help prevent a lot of heartache, but of course - MQs will always have their risks. But hey! Knowing is half the battle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously this is "not classic," but I have seen many non classic server improvements over the years that have really helped. Even if this would only help reduce failed MQ's by 10%, that's a big net positive over the long run.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
<3 Brool
Old 12-19-2022, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there! While venting with a friend about losing tons of plat in botched MQs for unknown reasons...we came up with an idea that could save people a lot of time/plat/hell it could even lesson the overall petition numbers as well as increase overall player enjoyment.

Anyone who as ever saved to buy a rare piece of Skyshrine armor MQ only to have it poof/or go back to the MQ holder because someone unknowingly (or maliciously) put the wrong gems in. Nothing takes the wind out of the old sails like a failed high-value MQ.

With the complexity of MQs as well as their large margin for error, I can understand why the staff has a "We dont help with MQ's policy." But what about giving the player base a little something to help themselves?

What I am proposing is that for certain high end quest mobs (Armor turn ins, Epic Quests, Spirit Cord, etc) be tagged with a special player usable command, "Show quest items." This command would show the player a list of items currently being held by the quest NPC and prevent many, many failed MQs. Simply knowing that a quest mob already has part of the turn in could allow you to make a different choice....maybe you kill the mob and let it reset or wait until the neck quake so that you know it is clean. This simple tool could help prevent a lot of heartache, but of course - MQs will always have their risks. But hey! Knowing is half the battle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously this is "not classic," but I have seen many non classic server improvements over the years that have really helped. Even if this would only help reduce failed MQ's by 10%, that's a big net positive over the long run.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
<3 Brool
I like it, but I doubt such a request would be coded when petition support for MQ's is non-existent. best bet is to wait for a quake to ensure
Last edited by kgallowaypa; 12-19-2022 at 02:02 AM..
Old 12-19-2022, 02:02 AM
Large Bat

Default agreed

Im honestly tired of the "classic" claim ppl/devs make for blue it is def not classic anymore and that guise for the reason to or not to do something needs to be thrown out just tell it like it really is and say it doesn't fit the devs narrative... but ive almost quit a time or 2 over failed mqs or ppl messing with mobs turnins and i def think this will make things at least a lil better.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

Yeah I feel this could help prevent a ton of player heartache while changing 0% of gameplay. Don't know the coding side but doesnt seem overly complex for the amount of good it could do. Thanks for reading!
Old 12-19-2022, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Script NPCs to hold quest items for a certain amount of time
Old 12-19-2022, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Yep! 1000% agree. Even a 30min window before an npc gets item wiped gives plenty of time to cover crashes or other issues. If you wanna make sure a mobs clean, wait 30min before turn in. No more losing hours/days worth of hard work over silly reasons.