Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Game freezing when laptop locking

Hey all,

I almost exclusively play EQ on my work laptop (so I can sit next to the wife and play games at the same time).

However I have a problem, whenever my laptop locks itself automatically which in my case is 5 mins of inactivity (which cannot be turned off unfortunately) I come back and EQ is just showing a black screen.

As long as I leave it sitting on this black screen I believe my char is sitting in game still as when I alt ctrl dlt and kill the process I have to wait a few minutes before I can log back in again. I have also noticed on this black screen the eqgame.exe memory usage drops significantly.

Anybody have any ideas on what would be causing this and possible solutions? I use the same game files as from my desktop and do not have any problems with this.

The easiest way would be to disable the laptop locking but being company policy I cannot change that. I am running a Lenovo T400 if it helps.

It would be nice to go and make something to eat / go to the bathroom without having to rush everything or come back and move my mouse so the screens stays active!

Thanks!
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Never mind, solved my own problem!

Managed to find the display settings in my local GroupPolicies and adjust it so I can toggle the screen saver and lock screen timeout.

Just speaking to one of the other guys at work that plays EQ and his does the same thing so should be problem solved!
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>