Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non sequitur. Not only is the shawl rare, it is also the best droppable item you can put in that slot for most casters. Your example is completely pointless.

Listen - I have no dog in this fight except for consistency. I don't even know this guy but if this item is rare AND the best droppable, he should be well compensated for his work in acquiring it. But you guys who are cricizing him need to realize that you aren't the only people on this server. Just because you're a casual, family-oriented player doesn't mean that everyone else is.
I don't think you know what a non sequitur is but anyways all I said is rarity will only increase an item value so much and that's completely true. It still has to stand up on it's own (which the shawl does to a certain extent). Is the shawl a great item? Of course. Is it worth THREE manastones? I personally don't think so.

But good luck trying to get 100k, I wouldn't be surprised if someone's a sucker enough to do it.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Actually i can make plenty without having to box or noob it up in Guk to corner the market on items that will be replaced with much better items once Kunark is live. I was making over 5k a week just soloing HG's but that doesn't mean i will rush out and pay above what i deem as fair market price.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually i can make plenty without having to box or noob it up in Guk to corner the market on items that will be replaced with much better items once Kunark is live. I was making over 5k a week just soloing HG's but that doesn't mean i will rush out and pay above what i deem as fair market price.
Considering some people can make 3k an hour soloing seafuries, I don't think you're anywhere near the top end of the bracket as far as earning potential goes.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lucky folks, i was soloing those thing as well and 1 of 5 dropped a gem of value after 2 days i moved on. I must not have been killing the right Seafuries i may have to return and find this ideal spot.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you know what a non sequitur is but anyways all I said is rarity will only increase an item value so much and that's completely true. It still has to stand up on it's own (which the shawl does to a certain extent). Is the shawl a great item? Of course. Is it worth THREE manastones? I personally don't think so.

But good luck trying to get 100k, I wouldn't be surprised if someone's a sucker enough to do it.
First of all, this is the age of wikipedia. Anyone can find out what "non sequitur" means if they don't know offhand, and your original example was, in fact, a non sequitur. You claimed that a chest item with the worst AC in the game would not sell well based on rarity alone. Well, we're not talking about a chest item with the worst AC in the game, we're talking about a mantle with the best caster stats in the game.

Secondly, I'm not selling it, and I'm not buying it. I don't even have a class that can use it and I don't know the person who is selling it. As I said, I'm only here to defend logical consistency. If you can't afford it, don't whine to others that it should be cheap enough that you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lucky folks, i was soloing those thing as well and 1 of 5 dropped a gem of value after 2 days i moved on. I must not have been killing the right Seafuries i may have to return and find this ideal spot.
Or maybe you're taking too long to kill them? :O
Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

"Or maybe you're taking too long to kill them? :O"

I'm a necro so i find it very unlikely! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Actually necros are slow killers vs mage! ALL MAGE ALL DAY! go big or go home!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen the shawl sell for 10ish and that was about a month ago, and I still thought that was expensive.
You also have to consider that as the population of P99 rises exponentially, the value of a piece of platinum will also decrease exponentially. A couple months into the game, an FBSS was worth 1-2k. Now that there's multitudes more, I'm seeing them for 4-5k+.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Look ill sell mine right here right now 50k Or maybe items trades of equal or close to value!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also have to consider that as the population of P99 rises exponentially, the value of a piece of platinum will also decrease exponentially. A couple months into the game, an FBSS was worth 1-2k. Now that there's multitudes more, I'm seeing them for 4-5k+.
I see them advertised currently for 10k on a regular basis.
Closed Thread