Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's a peculiar opinion coming from an individual who also regards both major political parties as right-leaning. By definition that means the right completely dominates the government and likely the national culture.

And why not? Right-leaning tendency is the norm of our species. It's likely instinctual. Across nations, across time, from the bushmen of pre-written technology to modern "western" nations, most people want basically the same things: They want stable homes, they want to be able to go to bed feeling safe in their persons and possessions, they want to be able to have families, want their children to be able to grow up having a decent outlook, and generally want to be left alone by radically different cultures. They resist change. Liberalism in a sense that has any meaning is a very artificial construct--it has to be worked at. It can do a great deal of good. The great middle class we so often take for granted was the product of liberalism. It did not originate easy or quickly: It was the result of much rioting, violence, overcoming opposition. The normal state of our species is a state of nobles and peasants, of rulers and slaves. By those names or by others we as a people will gradually revert to the mean, if permitted to happen. But not for a moment do I regard right-leaning as "unpopular."

Danth
By global standards, the Democrats are overwhelming center right and Republicans want to overthrow our democratic government to put their favorite billionaire on the throne. Not surprising that a fringe right whacko like yourself thinks all creatures in nature are conservatives, whatever that gibberish is supposed to actually mean.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's a peculiar opinion coming from an individual who also regards both major political parties as right-leaning. By definition that means the right completely dominates the government and likely the national culture.

And why not? Right-leaning tendency is the norm of our species. It's likely instinctual. Across nations, across time, from the bushmen of pre-written technology to modern "western" nations, most people want basically the same things: They want stable homes, they want to be able to go to bed feeling safe in their persons and possessions, they want to be able to have families, want their children to be able to grow up having a decent outlook, and generally want to be left alone by radically different cultures. They resist change. Liberalism in a sense that has any meaning is a very artificial construct--it has to be worked at. It can do a great deal of good. The great middle class we so often take for granted was the product of liberalism. It did not originate easy or quickly: It was the result of much rioting, violence, overcoming opposition. The normal state of our species is a state of nobles and peasants, of rulers and slaves. By those names or by others we as a people will gradually revert to the mean, if permitted to happen. But not for a moment do I regard right-leaning as "unpopular."

Danth
ohh I like this definitly implies progressive idiology is satansm if you catch what im catching from it (in bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By global standards, the Democrats are overwhelming center right
Meanwhile, the democrats:

Reminder there are a few empires that turned into ash that got really into this culture before they collapsed too.

Last edited by Jibartik; 06-10-2022 at 02:46 PM..
Old 06-10-2022, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 06-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would know, i'm an anarcho-commie who lives in the south, i've been told by many liberals that i deserve to die in the forthcoming civil war because i'm an idiot redneck
Anarcho-commi gender-queer redneck.

Steve Jobs is dead.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

Danth
oh i agree that it can be natural, everyone has experienced nostalgia. we play a game from 1999, right? But conservatives don't do their thing out of nostalgia, most of them didn't even live through the times they are on a mission to recreate

i see both parties as fundamentally conservative, but not identical. i agree with democrats on most social issues, and i do not think they have a fascism problem like the republicans do. neoliberal democrats may be unapologetic capitalists, but most of the people on the "far left" were liberals themselves at some point. i don't think people are reduced to their political positions on things, it's a lot more complicated than that.

i have some conservative beliefs, some liberal beliefs, and some insane beliefs
Old 06-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Raise your hand if you think sexuality is our most important personality trait to showcase!

That's the difference between the left and the right, nothing else.

Both are ignorant.

Both prefer someone takes care of them.

Both are angry and reactionary.

Both want to concentrait the wealth.

Both want liberty and freedom.

The only difference is one also wants sexual freedom and the other doesn't.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anarcho-commi gender-queer redneck.

Steve Jobs is dead.
me having a disdain for traditional gender rules does not mean i am gender-queer myself

i am not trying to steal that valor from my non-binary comrades
Old 06-10-2022, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me having a disdain for traditional gender rules does not mean i am gender-queer myself
no but do you think that prevents you from being able to vote conservative?
Old 06-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raise your hand if you think sexuality is our most important personality trait to showcase!

That's the difference between the left and the right, nothing else.

Both are ignorant.

Both prefer someone takes care of them.

Both are angry and reactionary.

Both want to concentrait the wealth.

Both want liberty and freedom.

The only difference is one also wants sexual freedom and the other doesn't.
I bet you nutjobs would feel a whole lot better about little kids if you just stopped watching Fox News for even twenty four hours.
Closed Thread