Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Ya scum bags always killed the innocent fisher folk in butcherblock thats for sure. Not a lot of dwarf guard killing though.

And misty guards have had a target on their back for a long time too.

If there was a pvp server with population I would focus my efforts on defending good guards.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Orc

i don't care that they changed it but why change it after like 10 years? Makes no sense I imagine plenty of people farmed them and got rich in the past.

I had recently came back to blue after a few years off on my mid level shaman in rags. Had just started camping the Hobbits after years of logging in and out bored finally found a good spot to kill.

I have a fungi on red that i won in a /random and its just rotting away collecting dust. I wish I could transfer that stuff to an active server. I played red cause I had family there but I never really was much into eq pvp.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurok1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't care that they changed it but why change it after like 10 years? Makes no sense
Because the devs don't own a time machine that lets them go back in time and retroactively fix things before they discovered that they were incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurok1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a fungi on red that i won in a /random and its just rotting away collecting dust. I wish I could transfer that stuff to an active server.
If you could transfer items between servers like that then they wouldn't have given you a free fungi in the first place. Items are worth way less on Red compared to other servers.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya scum bags always killed the innocent fisher folk in butcherblock thats for sure. Not a lot of dwarf guard killing though.

If there was a pvp server with population I would focus my efforts on defending good guards.
Dwarf guard killing (especially the ones at the docks or the single spawns in BB) happened all the time on classic what’re you talking about lol.

Guard killing was happening all over the place once people got to higher levels due to the limited amount of content in the old world
Old 05-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the devs don't own a time machine that lets them go back in time and retroactively fix things before they discovered that they were incorrect.

If you could transfer items between servers like that then they wouldn't have given you a free fungi in the first place. Items are worth way less on Red compared to other servers.
easy to gas-light me for my opinion from a position of privilege. I can tell you one thing that I worked harder for all of my 60 rogues equipment on red than anything you got on blue. Especially because I had no prior knowledge of EQ pvp mechanics. Yet i stuck it out and even thrived for a while before everyone left.

I dont expect anything out of the devs. Just shitty that they changed it out of no where almost as soon as I decided to give the server a try again. Also on blue there would be almost nobody out there farming those spears only myself and occasionally a necro alt. I was literally there less than a week before the change.

I almost feel like this is the ex girlfriend scenario here I remember now why I should have stayed gone.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
easy to gas-light me for my opinion from a position of privilege. I can tell you one thing that I worked harder for all of my 60 rogues equipment on red than anything you got on blue. Especially because I had no prior knowledge of EQ pvp mechanics. Yet i stuck it out and even thrived for a while before everyone left.

I dont expect anything out of the devs. Just shitty that they changed it out of no where almost as soon as I decided to give the server a try again. Also on blue there would be almost nobody out there farming those spears only myself and occasionally a necro alt. I was literally there less than a week before the change.

I almost feel like this is the ex girlfriend scenario here I remember now why I should have stayed gone.
https://youtu.be/Wf9FYqkyfIw
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-15-2021, 01:18 AM
Large Bat

Having raised a lot of little halflings in Misty Thicket over the years, it was a surprise to me to get on p99 green 3 weeks ago, and find that the wall guards in Misty are perma-camped. Of course, I first made this discovery while my level 4 rogue was running a red zombie to the guards to save me. But an Ogre SK had just killed them both, and I was therefore unceremoniously slaughtered.

Guards are placed at strategic locations in newbie zones in order for new players to have that means of emergency rescue if they need it. At later levels, players have gained more survivability, and are expected to be more aware of their environment. To sit in relatively safe newbie areas and constantly slaughter the guards is one of those anti-social behaviours that eventually kill games like EQ.

Great to see them take experience away from killing Bankers, btw! That was a complete pita to go to the bank and have to wait for them to respawn after being killed. The bankers in SQ were notorious for never being where they were supposed to be.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P1999 has a conspicuous absence of ‘dr00d’ culture. Probably for the best but not classic.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Banned

u can still afk farm there if ur a root class with gate or something, go sell inside runneyeye, even a banker for u.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervaaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guards are placed at strategic locations in newbie zones in order for new players to have that means of emergency rescue if they need it. At later levels, players have gained more survivability, and are expected to be more aware of their environment. To sit in relatively safe newbie areas and constantly slaughter the guards is one of those anti-social behaviours that eventually kill games like EQ.
Eh I disagree, being able to kill NPCs like guards for experience as an evil character is one of the things that makes EQ special and unique. I much prefer that design to MMOs that protect all of their NPCs with some magical forcefield.

EQ is not a game where you're meant to be safe all the time and dying because some evil player is slaughtering your town's guards is pretty immersive.

It's also not a perfectly safe solo camp since there's a level 50 Druid that runs through occasionally.

Also the camp is even kinda beneficial to new players since it gives an opportunity for entrepreneurial halflings to make some plat by selling the spears.