Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New to P99 - Hello!

Hello, everyone!

I am just joining the project and really enjoying the old school experience so far. I am currently playing a ranger level 4 and getting a fresh reminder of how difficult this game can be at times (and that is a great thing).

I am posting this just to get involved in the community a bit since that is what truly makes the game better. Feel free to respond here, or even message me in game as 'Ecalie'. While I may not be able to do a ton in a group now, my end goal is to get into some fun camps later on and relive some of that old school content.

Eager to see you all in game!

P.S. If anyone knows which classes are sorely lacking on the server, I am more than willing to create something out of the norm.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Welcome to the server.

Let's see, uh... RANGER DOWN!

Anyhow, classes we need. Necro, Druid, Bard. We need a ton of those, not a single one on the server, nope, not a one...

Play whatever you want to play, there's nothing really "Sorely lacking" here. I'm pretty certain there's a thread floating around with people discussing that right now. I think one of the best comments was something along the lines of "Does anyone really think someone is going to come in and say -Yep, all 2000 of us forgot to make any Cleric's, darn-"

If you like Ranger, play Ranger. If you like something else, play that. Fresh Ranger with no funding could be hard going for a first character compared to a nice farming class, but make friends and you'll manage just fine.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Large Bat

Welcome to P1999, Ecalie!
Old 02-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the Project 1999 community Ecalie. Play the race/class that you find appealing and fun. If you really want to play a desired class there is never enough clerics or rogues.
Again Welcome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Large Bat

Welcome
Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=227733

I would suggest talking to this person. Rangers are a needed class on this server. Most planar ranger gear just rots. Real shame.
Maybe in the near future I can do a great ranger gear give away in Gfay.
Closed Thread