Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't the devs break bard kiting? It's not how the original devs intended the game to be played - get bard swarm powelevel to 45 and get Chardokked to 60.
Bard swarm kiting worked on live, i remember soloing a bard to 45 on sullon zek with the strategy....also because of differences in social agroe i guess charm swarm kiting doesn't work here...so bards are technically nerfed on p99!!!...charm kiting was coolest solo tactic for bard....
Old 05-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Sorry to hear you lost your robe OP. Not sure what can be done about it, but I wish you good luck. And I know the "wall of doom" as I like to call it - when a bard dies and every drovlarg comes strolling back. The chaos that ensues is not fun, I've found myself in the middle of that multiple times.

I'd say in two years playing here I've had one maybe two good experiences with a bard.
One was a bard named Ludvig or something like that. Grouped with him once in my youth, never saw him again. The other one was a level 40ish bard grouping for the first time. He snared the mob (not sure why as the necro was before) and played an aoe song. That's it. Wasn't the greatest but he warned us he never grouped before, so whatever.

The others have been negative. Zone disruptions from no mobs to kill, dying and having people caught up in a million mobs pacing back, running swarms over your head, etc. If you complain or ask them to stop you get attitude or they drop mobs onto you. Nothing much you can do except go elsewhere. I can't recall any bards that I have ported in the past (when I was young and ported for cash) that didn't immediately selos off into the sunset upon landing or tip me 1-5pp (these being high levels). Hard to avoid porting them as they are always anon!
Old 05-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Masks are 11% Tolapumj is 36%
Risk vs reward. You risk your tola robe to get minimal gains over an easily replaceable item that would cost you a tip to a high level mage at most.

By the way, what's the deal with your account switch mid-thread? Is that strange, or what?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

How do you people even die to bard trains? I always hear people bitch about it, but in like 6 years of playing here I don't think I've ever been trained by a bard. How bad is your situational awareness that you don't notice 100+ mobs walking towards you? Bards dropping their kites is annoying, but getting killed because you didn't notice 1/2 the mobs in the zone coming your way isn't completely their fault.

Set up some where that is easy to see/avoid trains, pay attention when/how the bard is pulling and kiting around you, and maybe shoot them a tell letting them know where you set up so they can avoid you. Sucks that you lost a Tola robe, but I'd be shocked if this wasn't an avoidable death. Its like people who complain about getting trained while AFK at Karnor's zone... sucks you got trained, but what do you expect when you afk at karnor's zone? Gotta pay attention and stay out of the way when there is someone kiting half a zone.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke
How do you people even die to bard trains?
In the case of DL, most groups set up along the North or East walls of KC. When a Bard drops a train 100s of Drolvargs will reset and in the process path right on top of KC (where players can't see them) only to suddenly appear on the other side and instantly kill entire groups.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

This is a neat idea for PVP. Swarm everything in DL with a TL box up, wait for people to zone out of KC and click.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a neat idea for PVP. Swarm everything in DL with a TL box up, wait for people to zone out of KC and click.
Might want to read through the server rules before you try that... Just a thought.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

1. Bard pulling half the zone in DL aggro most of the mobs with social aggro, so they will absolutely attack someone medding on the north/east wall of KC.

2. Bards pulling half the zone in DL are often so far out in front of their train that they drag it directly along the walls of KC.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:51 AM
Aviak

bards are the wurst
Old 05-22-2016, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Bard mass(charm or otherwise) kiting didn't exist for the vast majority of EQ's "classic" existence since the PC hardware processing burps and server/internet burps would often lead to instant death. even multiple kiting by a druid with snared enemies was dangerous due to hardware issues back then and generally only done when you could survive a round of combat or two with the entire pack of enemies you were kiting.(generally low blues)
Closed Thread