Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Aviak

If you want to group don't play a wizard. Unless you have a static group of friends to play with you're unlikely to get invited. For regular grouping a wiz is poor sustained dps over time unless rocking end game toys, and whatever else hey bring to the table just doesn't make up for that.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Because you told me not to do it, I'm going to do it... or I'll just play my Iksar Necro.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Kobold

You can get a group as a wizard with friends, most groups won't be looking to pick up a wizard tho with the 5 other rogs/monks lfg as better dps. Wizard is a quading/solo class for the most part, if want groups, as a caster, i would go with enchanter as best bet and can still solo well if want
Old 10-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get a group as a wizard with friends, most groups won't be looking to pick up a wizard tho with the 5 other rogs/monks lfg as better dps. Wizard is a quading/solo class for the most part, if want groups, as a caster, i would go with enchanter as best bet and can still solo well if want
I've already solo/duoed/grouped to 60 on P99 as an Enchanter.
Last edited by Nisei; 10-25-2016 at 03:36 PM..
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've already solo/duoed/grouped to 60 on P99 as an Enchanter.
Welp, you could get groups as necro better than wiz, but that role would prob still be more filled with monk/rog class unless have friends. I wouldn't mind a necro as they can split mobs some, but there is always monks lfg too, so yea. That's pretty much it for INT caster wise
Old 10-26-2016, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp, you could get groups as necro better than wiz, but that role would prob still be more filled with monk/rog class unless have friends. I wouldn't mind a necro as they can split mobs some, but there is always monks lfg too, so yea. That's pretty much it for INT caster wise
Fix Kat
Old 10-26-2016, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Also, wanna play a wizard? Come to red, we'll take anything and it's real fun to blow people up as a wizard. However it's kind of a steep learning curve, but just imagine how you would have to play if mobs were unrootable, but didn't always beeline for you and couldn't figure out Z - axis and you got it.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fix Kat
FIX KAT
Old 10-26-2016, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It's not as jaded as this. I've never been in a group where the group didn't invite an LFG wizard when they had room. I've even had multiple wizards in the same group.

People (ON THE FORUMS) say the same thing about rangers and untwinked warriors, etc. Only a handful of groups have this mentality and I avoid those types of people, you should too.

People (IN THE GAME) will group with "less desirable classes" without much thought. If someone leaves the group, they try to fill that spot...even with necros, rangers, wizards, etc.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

I made a Wizard.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Vinesauce
Closed Thread