Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Just finished Dance with Dragons. I liked it, and I liked AFFC. I like them all, but Storm of Swords the most. I can now finally read this thread in its entirety without being spoiled.

Although not reading any Winds of Winter chapters til it comes out in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

My prediction for GoT TV show, based on Baelor (S01e09) and Blackwater (S02e09) :

Red Wedding takes up half of Episode 9 in S03. Then Ep10 sets up where Arya/hound buddy flick goes, a bit of Jaime/Brienne, and basically the same way Ep10 was in S02.

Very pissed the TV series butchered events in Harrenhall up to this point. They could've handled it much better. They can still salvage it somewhat in S03 I hope.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also if you dont think Book 3 is the best of the current 5, id love to hear which one is your favorite. 4 outta 5 dentists agree that book 3 is the best [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well. I can tell you right now its NOT Book 4...

Book 3 was good. I did enjoy it.

BUt I will tell you. I love Arya. She is a different, and unique female character, probably the most unique one I have ever read. I really enjoy her chapters. I find myself when I read the book series now really only looking forward to reading only hers and Jons chapters. While I do like the others, and enjoy reading them, they dont quite grab me like hers.

With that said. I think book 1 was my favorite.

When I first started reading GoT back, WAY BACK, the big fantasy series was the WoT... a series that I had read, but was not in love with..

So when I read GoT, and it changed my view on fantasy, it has some surprises and plot twists that I was not expecting.

I did really enjoy DoD to.... It has some things I was not expecting either. Arya's character is really developing, and so is Jons, both characters had some interesting surprises happen to.

where book 3 was good.... I felt Martin used it as a good building block. Something to help explain the world and to give detail to some of his characters. I have nothing bad to say about any of the books except book 4, because i thoroughly enjoyed reading them all.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My prediction for GoT TV show, based on Baelor (S01e09) and Blackwater (S02e09) :

Red Wedding takes up half of Episode 9 in S03. Then Ep10 sets up where Arya/hound buddy flick goes, a bit of Jaime/Brienne, and basically the same way Ep10 was in S02.

Very pissed the TV series butchered events in Harrenhall up to this point. They could've handled it much better. They can still salvage it somewhat in S03 I hope.
i 100% agree with you on how Season 3 will end.

Harrenhall can be... well.. the meat and potatoes can still be saved from that story. they absolutely annihilated Dany's story since season 2 started.

and Bran was supposed to meet Mira and Jojen before they fled winterfell, so idk

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysttal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well. I can tell you right now its NOT Book 4...
Book 3 was good. I did enjoy it.
BUt I will tell you. I love Arya. She is a different, and unique female character, probably the most unique one I have ever read. I really enjoy her chapters. I find myself when I read the book series now really only looking forward to reading only hers and Jons chapters. While I do like the others, and enjoy reading them, they dont quite grab me like hers.
With that said. I think book 1 was my favorite.
When I first started reading GoT back, WAY BACK, the big fantasy series was the WoT... a series that I had read, but was not in love with..
So when I read GoT, and it changed my view on fantasy, it has some surprises and plot twists that I was not expecting.
I did really enjoy DoD to.... It has some things I was not expecting either. Arya's character is really developing, and so is Jons, both characters had some interesting surprises happen to.
where book 3 was good.... I felt Martin used it as a good building block. Something to help explain the world and to give detail to some of his characters. I have nothing bad to say about any of the books except book 4, because i thoroughly enjoyed reading them all.
Book 4 was honestly my least favorite of the 5. Arya is also GRRM's wife's favorite character. which means if anyone was truly safe, it would be Arya. for me honestly the first book was slow as molasses until the last couple hundred pages. DoD was slow until about page 400. you find "young Griff", Quentin, Jon Connington, and a couple new characters that simply rendered hundreds upon hundreds of pages as useless.
I'm pretty sure Jon will be Azor Azai, and i have a gut wrenching feeling that Arya might be his Nissa Nissa.

hehe, i assure you Book 3 was not intended as a building block. it was intended to be the last book of his epic trilogy. needless to say, mr GRRM messed up.

i honestly dont think he wants to stop writing these books. as i read, i can almost see him dragging his feet and lolly gagging around wasting time, filling pages, just as an artificial build up to something. after 5000 pages we get it.

and if he introduces any new PoV toons, i'm going to punch him in the teeth.

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 01-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Banned

Tyrion Lannister = Miles Vorkosigan.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i honestly dont think he wants to stop writing these books. as i read, i can almost see him dragging his feet and lolly gagging around wasting time, filling pages, just as an artificial build up to something. after 5000 pages we get it.

and if he introduces any new PoV toons, i'm going to punch him in the teeth.
I love these books so don't get me wrong, but if you compiled every description of food in all the books, you'd have like 300 pages alone right there. And 100 pages describing Jon Snow banging Ygritte.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looks like I was right:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/72790175.html

Quote:
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
nice find! and good call!

i thought they would end with the red wedding. but it appears u are correct, the RW will be episode 9. which as u say, means episode 10 will be the tale of BFFs Sandor and Arya. (unless they deviate from the plan)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I'm rewatching the show now, and Season 2 already has deviations I don't like and only two episodes in. I still enjoy it, I just really hope they don't deviate too much from SoS material, I love that book so much.

Quote:
Closed Thread