Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Default Vietnamese Dong? Anyone know about the "re-evaluation"?

I was gifted two 500,000 Vietnamese Dong bills. Not worth much today since 1 Dollar = .0000047 Dong.

Been informed via an insider that the long awaited re-evaluation is expected to happen over the next 3-4 months on the Dong, and it should re-eval to about .61 per dollar to as much as 2.48 per dollar?

Tempted to go get another 2 million. Would only cost me about $150, but if this paid off it could end up as a rather large windfall. ( $ 1,830,000 up to $7,440,000 )

Looking forward to replies and also am very aware here come the trolls to bang on the Dong....here we go! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Peatree; 11-04-2014 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: privacy reasons
Old 11-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I like pho

edit: honestly sounds like a scam but if its just 100 bucks I guess it is not that big of a loss. people spend more on lottery tickets so if you dont mind gambling away money then go for it.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 11-04-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 11-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Orc

When I was in Iraq, c.2005/2006, there were guys who would go to the bank every pay day and buy another 1 million dinar for about $700 bucks, because "the price of this currency is gonna shoot right up once they get free trade"
That's just what this reminds me of. Someone is trying for a cash grab before the supposed re-eval.
(They get your relatively stable currency, and you're left with a fistful of dong)
I'd say your most rational option is to wait and see with the money you were gifted.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrpau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and you're left with a fistful of dong
Nice.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrpau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was in Iraq, c.2005/2006, there were guys who would go to the bank every pay day and buy another 1 million dinar for about $700 bucks, because "the price of this currency is gonna shoot right up once they get free trade"
That's just what this reminds me of. Someone is trying for a cash grab before the supposed re-eval.
(They get your relatively stable currency, and you're left with a fistful of dong)
I'd say your most rational option is to wait and see with the money you were gifted.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lold a bit
Old 11-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

I suddenly feel dirty now.