Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Default Out of ideas, helps if you can.

I played quite regularly on server up until mid September. I moved to Ohio, switched to AT&T, and everytime I log in now I get a blank server screen. I've run traceroutes to the server, it completes fine. I've tried setting up a static IP and port forwarding, no luck. I've connected directly to the DSL modem and still nothing.

I've tried it with firewalls on and off, ports open like normal. I've tried calling AT&T and they blame the wireless router when I connect directly to their modem even. The wireless router is brand new, and set up exactly like the one I had at my old house, same brand and model etc etc.

I am really out of ideas. I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I've tried all I can think of, and some ideas from friends, and I still cannot see a serverlist.

The only change is ISP. Same laptop, same wireless router, etc. It worked the morning before the move, and did not work the day after I moved. Any help, I would be much appreciative of any advice to try and get me back into the server. I've searched everywhere.

~Gynk/Elari
Old 10-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Aviak

I'm not 100% sure what your issue is, but if I were you I would try completely uninstalling + deleting EQ folders from your registry, and then freshly installing everything. If you don't use EQ Emu patcher, then I would suggest doing that as well. Ever since I got the EQ Emu patcher I seem to have less problems. This also makes things easier as you don't have to manually download and install patches when they are released. I don't know that much about computers either, but when I'm having a big issue, I just reformat and the problem goes away :P If all else fails, switch ISP? Again, I don't know much either, so these are suggestions that may or may not work.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Kobold

I've always done all the downloading manually, but I suppose uninstalling and trying to use that this time is worth a go. I think thats the only thing I haven't done yet. We'll see what happens, fingers crossed.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always done all the downloading manually, but I suppose uninstalling and trying to use that this time is worth a go. I think thats the only thing I haven't done yet. We'll see what happens, fingers crossed.
gl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Full reinstall, did the patching etc thru EQ Emu Launcher. Still no servers on the server select screen.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Aviak

That's really interesting. I remember I had the exact same problem at one point, but it didn't last very long and went away on it's own. Try sending Rogean a message on the forum and see what he has to say.

I'm surprised that not even port forwarding did anything. Maybe it's a hardcore issue with your modem. As a last resort, maybe try a different modem or ISP.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Kobold

I wish I could, but stayin at a friends so it's their DSL modem. And it's fairly new though that doesn't always matter. Talked with AT&T on the phone a few times and they don't know. I sent Rogean a PM, but been a week or two and he's a busy guy.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Aviak

Move on to a new game... lmao
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Orc

I have the exact same issue it is super frustrating it takes me up to 3hrs. to log in. All i want is to be able to log in regularly. This all started after the wsock32 file thing and i deleted it just like we were told. But all that happens a blank screen. Please help.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Kobold

I wish I could figure out a way to solve it. I've got nothing so far. Been a month almost. Lately tried setting up a googledns and running through that as someone suggested, no luck. I've tried everything I can think of, and many suggestions from others. But nothing has worked and I still see a blank server list everytime. I can run WoW and WoW emu servers fine and with barely any latency, if that actually matters.