Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-17-2023, 04:21 PM
Kobold

Another idea is not to have AFK areas, or special rules for EC zone, just an automated kick after 15 minutes (for example) of inactivity. EQ shouldn't be infested with AFK and semi-afk players. Play it or don't play it.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

I believe most afk ppl are cheaters or ppl logged on when they should not be (at work).

Maybe 1 in 10 are legitimately afk at home doing chores or napping in old age.

Just my personal beliefs. So I really dislike afk ppl aswell. Even if one of my friends would afk hours at a time on red leveling his warrior. Was like the only exception I ever met. And they played multiple servers tho so that falls into a grey morally distasteful butt not quite cheater area for me.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:25 PM
Kobold

It's worse on LIVE servers, there's this one server where they all stand in the same place in PoK and go AFK all night instead of logging out causing massive lag in the area. EQ def needs an auomated kick for the zone disruptors and bots. It's always the rotten few that ruin it for the rest.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another idea is not to have AFK areas, or special rules for EC zone, just an automated kick after 15 minutes (for example) of inactivity. EQ shouldn't be infested with AFK and semi-afk players. Play it or don't play it.
15 minutes is too long.

130 seconds and if u use any app to wiggle ur mouse or periodically auction. Perma.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's worse on LIVE servers, there's this one server where they all stand in the same place in PoK and go AFK all night instead of logging out causing massive lag in the area. EQ def needs an auomated kick for the zone disruptors and bots. It's always the rotten few that ruin it for the rest.
There's no reason for that on live anymore. No rent doesn't go away and pets persist with inventories. The reason they do it is because they want to be hit by an MGB while they sleep.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no reason for that on live anymore. No rent doesn't go away and pets persist with inventories. The reason they do it is because they want to be hit by an MGB while they sleep.
Which imo is a pathetic reason butttt whatevs.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
15 minutes is too long.

130 seconds and if u use any app to wiggle ur mouse or periodically auction. Perma.

I'm not sure anything warrants perma ban dude. That's like banning somebody from EQ forever.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Yeah, well I complained about it in the zone and a player told me that kicking them would be like banning americans from eating cheeseburgers or owning guns....in other words, they have somehow been led to belief it's their god given right to disrupt a zone. A bit like those protesters who have been led to believe it's their god given right to disrupt the streets.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:37 PM
Kobold

How many times have you heard it...

"I'm at work so I'm semi-afk"

THEN WHY ARE YOU PLAYING EQ????????

I'M NOT AT WORK WHEN I PLAY EQ WHY ARE YOU???
Old 09-17-2023, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

alot of people are afk irl