Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
needless to say I'll be contacting <Mortals No Longer> leadership regarding this thread
LOL. Well I'm pretty sure I'm the last officer remaining so I'll have a stern talking with myself.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: i just realized I left my pet's name uncensored, so please don't doxx him he's really a nice guy
Last edited by Mr-B; 11-24-2016 at 03:22 AM..
Old 11-24-2016, 03:19 AM
Banned

awwww blue problems I remember this happening pre kunark on blue99
Old 11-24-2016, 03:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awwww blue problems I remember this happening pre kunark on blue99
Drama definitely makes the time go by. Also I got to practice my paint skills so I'm pretty excited about that.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-B [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. Well I'm pretty sure I'm the last officer remaining so I'll have a stern talking with myself.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you've been doxxed, it's only fair to doxx your opponent now

my good chum
Old 11-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-B [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my question is, what rules are there in place for stuff like this? There was nobody else in line, so I'm just going to wait for him to get AC then take spawn.

I don't want to bother a GM about this because they have better things to do, so I thought i'd just post this here to get some conversation going.
Your first problem here is you are assuming there are "rules" concerning "lists" at a camp, and the only rules for lists are the ones made by the players.

I am pretty sure if you create a petition asking a GM about rules to a list, they are going to either ignore the petition or tell you that there are no such rules to lists that players make, only the server rules of engagement and of camps which have nothing to do with player made lists.

Assuming you want to follow the rules of an imaginary "list" that people create, then sure, if the list holder doesn't want you on it that is his right to forget you ever asked to be on the list in line for the camp.

This system is BS and creates a huge bottleneck of players who afk, play on alts, and do everything but actually wait for the camp they want.

If people had to physically have their toon waiting for a camp, the "lists" of people at said camp would be much smaller.

The way it is now, half the time you ask who is on the list it's 4-8 people. Yet, you only see one guy at the camp sitting...

You decide to try the next day, and oh! It's the same neckbeards on the list again... and the day after... and the day after...

These guys that farm AC religiously go afk, mess around on alts, go to the Walmart to grab more Doritos and Mountain Dew, come back and send tells to see if their turn has come up on the list. Some of these guys do it 24/7.

They literally have endless hours to spend waiting for their turn on the list, so they farm AC over and over, and over, AND OVER.... While you might just want your one pair of Jboots and not want to have to buy a MQ of the Jboots from one of these list mongers.

I see the reason behind a "list." But it also causes a lot of problems too. Especially when you got people that hold the "list" as some kind of Trump card, where they can remove you for personal reasons.

That's very bad, very bad. *spoken with puckered lips and waving little hands around in front of myself as I say the words*
Old 11-24-2016, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

People don't want someone waiting there because they can't corpse a ring and keep going. Ofc, this may not be true in this instance, but it's somewhat likely.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

There are no lists. It is FFA once the current camp holder leaves. Derupal had outlined a decent protocol for passing camps, but it is more of a headache to enforce then anything, so they just go off of FTE now once the current camp holder departs. Just wait until that guy leaves and be the first to nab the next ph and you win :3
Old 11-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't want someone waiting there because they can't corpse a ring and keep going. Ofc, this may not be true in this instance, but it's somewhat likely.
This is also true, but corpsing is against the rules.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

There is a lot of contradictory information in this thread and mostly incomplete information. As the resident AC camper in this thread I'd like to hit on a couple points.

If the person left the camp to pull a seafury then they indeed did abandon the camp. And upon the AC/PH respawning if you got FTE on it then you would have a strong claim to the camp. If you had fraps it would help a lot more than screenshots when it came time to lawyer.

The server staff doesn't mandate lists and people love to bellow this but from the play nice policy it is suggested or advised that players reach an agreement between themselves before involving a GM since the GM has the ability to decide an unfavorable ruling to both parties.

He was probably trying to get your eyes off the camp so if the AC spawned he could loot it and keep the camp. Majority of end game guilds do this involving raid mobs. They don't rely on the good will of other players notifying them of anything.

In regards to the list, what I've seen is even though GMs ignore lists there has been past rulings where the camp holder must declare who is next. If that player who was originally declared as next is not present after the person gets the AC to spawn since they must pass the lore item camp, then it'll probably result in a ugly FTE firing squad in which having fraps handy would help your case.

As previously stated though the AC list has devolved into serial campers who camp it anywhere from 7-14 times a week and simply get added to the list with no strong intention of being able to take over the camp. It's just a lottery of if your on the list when you actually intend to play the game during the day and your name comes up then you win. Ultimately this is on the camp holder to maintain a strong list of players who will reciprocate the respect and collective player agreements which can go sideways without notice and is the risk you take by not being present in the camp you wish to contest.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is also true, but corpsing is against the rules.
Corpsing is really against the rules?

I'm not saying your wrong. Just that I've never seen it said to be against the rules. And is a fairly common practice.

Also, as much as people hate the list, without it the FTE firing squads and resulting drama would be 10 times what it is now. In my personal experience with the list system, I've been snubbed/dropped/passed over maybe twice out of dozens of camps. I've even had the camp given to me by people higher up on the list because when there turn came they were busy so they passed.

Does it take longer? Possibly. But I've had to camp AC for 12+ hours before. I've often logged in, gotten on list, and had an AC ring within 5 hours.

Is it a perfect system? No, does it work? Better than some imo.
Closed Thread