Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should item recharging be possible on the pvp server?
Yes. Items should be rechargable. 51 22.97%
No. Items should not be rechargable. 171 77.03%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

I voted NO RECHARGE

To me Everquest pvp was never about farming insta clicky win items in order to win pvp, i played the game for what it was, i enjoy the fact that there is the element of a instant clicky item here and there but the fact that the entire game & pvp will depend on you having your clicky charges ready to go for pvp ruins the game for me.

I'm glad Nilbog has made a poll and made an official post concerning this issue finally.

Honestly i was loosing my will to experience anymore due to the fact that i knew late end pvp would be all about recharging items and everyone would just have a million instant gate items anyway.

To me that isn't the everquest i remember, on classic no one knew about these items, and very few abused them. Lets face it, everyone will abuse them here, there for it's not classic to have recharging in the game.

Hopefully people won't troll this post into something shitty, vote no on recharging now and let real pvp commence, away with the diaper wow farming instant clicking no skill pvp bullshit.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that some items may have to have an adjusted drop rate, wooly nets should not be ultra common, then the same issue remains, people will diaper quest and it will be all about having these items.

Make these items a rarity, an element which adds a little flavor to pvp, but not something that everyone needs to depend upon.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Last edited by Smedy; 12-19-2011 at 03:48 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I voted NO RECHARGE
Hopefully people won't troll this post into something shitty, vote no on recharging now and let real pvp commence, away with the diaper wow farming instant clicking no skill pvp bullshit.
This.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I voted NO RECHARGE
Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Slave you are retarded to think and or post what you are saying... I mean I am a proponent of farming said clickies... Believe me I love being prepped etc... But for server population and growth and to not "dumb down" pvp... Recharging needs to be looked at on a serious note.... If not ATLEAST the gamebreaking ones... The list can be provided... IF we leave recharging in the price should be very steep... Not the continual "Lovely Gloat Skill spam" Im pro BIG Things DOG.. I can spam http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3674 and recharge them for less than a 100plat....
Farm the common drop http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3644 off Steel Golem and nuke for 900 and call it skill.... Same thing can happen to them and will... Its just that we dont want the server in 3months from now to become a clicky fest...

These havent even entered the fray yet....
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=15467 Insta heal 3000 anyone? (300 per click)..... Server will become SKs and Clerics and who can spam clickies HTs....

Again this is a constructive critiscim thread to remove it just for the bigger benefit of the population..

IF we Leave it in again... MAKE it a very very steep price to recharge... 100plat hell 5k plat is nothing after the server matures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Last edited by Kringe; 12-19-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I voted no, and I feel it's probably the right choice. I do feel though, that hardcore players like lovely will not just farm/buy like millions of golem wands and stuff now, and they will be given more of an advantage over the players who otherwise could have recharged.

But I never planned on getting enough of these clickies to recharge myself, so this evens out the playing field for me personally.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:

To me Everquest pvp was never about farming insta clicky win items in order to win pvp,
Let's just take out all the items and spells in the game and fight each other with fists the way God intended, right?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Voted no.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

def no recharge...if you want to use a clicky, they can waste time to camp it...thats how I always remembered it to be...and seems like the fair way
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

I like this poll...

I would have loved it had it been posted before the server release.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So.. it's like this. Either a list of items is made that require charge nerfing, or we disable item recharging altogether for pvp.
I Voted No, because there were only two choices. I dislike item recharging, even though its a classic mechanic ( IMHO VI missed it, or could not fix it )

Anyways, If there was a list of items that were overpowered that recharging could be broken on, I would be for it, but the problem with that is, whats overpowering is simply an opinion, and the things we know about, on this day, I guarantee is limited and we will have to continually watch for more abuse and remove that stuff too.

What someone can do with an item they can recharge is up to their imagination and it only becomes a problem when they think of it, and then abuse it.

Item recharging also breaks part of alchemy. There are certain potions that require some serious pain in the rear material farming. As it stands, one can farm enough to make two ( 2 ) 5 or 10 dose potions and then they can simply recharge them on a vendor, eliminating the need for the shaman, or alchemy, and also eliminating the meterial farming. All at the cost of a few Seafury Cyclops kills.

So, if what you are saying is true, that you guys just want to develop and not deal with this any longer, I think you know what the answer to your question is.

Oh, I got a question for you Nilbog. Was it us crying that lead to the server being brought down, and an immediate fix to the wand AoE exploit? Or was that yall? =)

Just pointing out that its not just regular players that see a problem with it.

One more thing, I think its been said before. In a few months this entire server will be about who has the most clicks items. A PoF Cazic Thule fight between two guilds, will not be about who is more skilled, it will be about who has the most insta clicks and rechargable items, and which guild came prepared with full charges. That doesnt sound classic to me either. So.. chose your poison.
Last edited by Brinkman; 12-19-2011 at 04:14 PM..
Closed Thread