Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

edit: nevermind, thanks Bing.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ekco; 05-09-2023 at 08:46 PM..
Old 05-09-2023, 08:41 PM
Banned

Tuckers twitter show will probably have a ton of followers, most of his audience in key demo will know how to find it.

Not that it isn't completely retarded that this is necessary in a free country with a first amendment. Puritanical idiots who cant tolerate opinions are why we can't have nice things
Old 05-09-2023, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's in his and everyone's on TV/Radio contracts and they fired him for cause so not much he can do about it.

also it's the plot of a really good The News Room episode.

"Leona threatens to fire Will if “News Night” doesn’t turn the ship around. She also reveals that Will agreed to a non-compete clause in his contract — if she were to fire him, he wouldn’t be available to other networks for three years."
That doesn't sound reasonable if they're not paying him.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't sound reasonable if they're not paying him.
we'll see, it's saying if he opts out of the 25 million severance its fine but, i can see Fox saying "what,no?" and taking him to court over it, they look at it like they built his Brand by giving him the timeslot which is basically true, tucker used to be the dipshit with a bowtie on CNN and a joke, so in Fox's eyes they spent a lot of money and time building something up and they put shit like that in the contracts they negotiate so he can't quit on a friday and start a new show on a monday on a competing network

Quote:
According to Axios, Tucker Carlson will forgo “at least $25 million” owed by Fox to break a non-compete clause with the new show1. The aggressive letter from his lawyers to Fox positions Carlson to argue that the noncompete provision in his contract is no longer valid — freeing him to launch his own competing show or media enterprise1.
yeah Fox is 100% going to take him to court over this if he starts a show on Twitter lol. and probably win i imagine.

Quote:
A 'pay or play' clause in Tucker Carlson's contract with Fox News could keep him off the air through the 2024 election: report
Lloyd Lee May 6, 2023, 12:06 AM CDT
Quote:
He has also expressed to people close to him a desire to make a swift return to the air, however, his contract with Fox News restricts him from working anywhere else until January 2025, sources familiar with the discussions told the Times.
Last edited by Ekco; 05-09-2023 at 09:00 PM..
Old 05-09-2023, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Watching all these ass holes lawyer up and sue one another into oblivion is hilarious.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we'll see, it's saying if he opts out of the 25 million severance its fine but, i can see Fox saying "what,no?" and taking him to court over it, they look at it like they built his Brand by giving him the timeslot which is basically true, tucker used to be the dipshit with a bowtie on CNN and a joke, so in Fox's eyes they spent a lot of money and time building something up and they put shit like that in the contracts they negotiate so he can't quit on a friday and start a new show on a monday on a competing network

yeah Fox is 100% going to take him to court over this if he starts a show on Twitter lol. and probably win i imagine.
They could try to enforce the severance, yeah that's fine. But he's not bound without the Benjamins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2023, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They could try to enforce the severance, yeah that's fine. But he's not bound without the Benjamins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure the severance has nothing to do with the non-compete clause. he signed the entire multi-year contract whenever it last was he negotiated with Fox and Fox can argue he broke it.

Quote:
The enforceability of a non-compete clause depends on the extent of the agreement and whether it will legally hold up if challenged in court. Courts will usually uphold non-compete clauses between six months and two years in duration, providing they do not fail the reasonableness test on other factors. Industry restrictions that are vague or too broad will be deemed unreasonable by the courts.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:12 PM
Banned

I feel like I won a personal victory when a man who has more money than all of us and everyone we personally know combined, enough to where his family and family’s family will be more than set for life got fired from one of his jobs
Old 05-09-2023, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I won a personal victory when a man who has more money than all of us and everyone we personally know combined, enough to where his family and family’s family will be more than set for life got fired from one of his jobs
he got fired but it's going to be an upgrade for him, the Fox News tell all book alone is basically guaranteed to be a best seller.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
pretty sure the severance has nothing to do with the non-compete clause. he signed the entire multi-year contract whenever it last was he negotiated with Fox and Fox can argue he broke it.
What other skills does Tucker have that could bring him a similar income?

Yeah, reasonableness.
Closed Thread