Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2020, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Default Best Bard song twist for toe to toe melee? (60 epic bard)

I'm looking for some feedback from the many excellent bards here on what you think the best 4 song twist would be for a toe to toe melee fight. It's against a mob that summons and is immune to run speed changes, so the only option is to fight it heads up. Since the mob is immune to run speed changes I have to rely on Angstlich's Assonance for slows rather than largo's.

I have epic and tunare dagger, so I am relying on those procs for my main haste, but I figure Mcvaxius's rousing rondo is a no brainer as the second song to play. This gives me haste until a proc, the +attack and str, and the damage shield as well.

For offensive options, the mobs have fairly high MR, so one option is fufils for DoT + negative MR to make it easier to keep landing slow. Another option would be just doing Tuyen's (or Tuyen's x 2) for more powerful DoTs. The other idea for more damage would be one of the Psalm's for even more damage shield.

As far as defensive type options go, hymn of restoration for the hp regen is an option, or Niv's Harmonic for +AC.

So really I think the question comes down to which two songs would you twist alongside Angstlich and McVax for the most efficiency killing and best chances of winning (sometimes I finish fights as low as 20% hp). Any and all feedback is appreciated, including ideas that I didn't list. And if there are any other questions regarding gear or w/e that are relevant, please ask away!