Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People doing the speed running are going to potentially be disappointed with the amount of people disrupting their progress, the only hope is to get 2 levels ahead of the pack where people will leave you alone.... if enough people get ahead of the pack it will just be the same thing in the next zones (fp->ec->nro/wc->oasis)

If you can be the first group in Befallen though -- I think you are on to something, get your keys, go deep as your level allows and just sit and XP, even with the respawn time the massive ZEM in there is probably worth just sitting and not fighting over mobs in oasis.

I also think freeport starting is smart for the next tier of zones too. Upper Guk is such a better dungeon than Unrest and I never understood its lack of players except for the main 3 camps. There is tons of mobs available in that zone that are just underused levels 12 all the way to the high 20s. It has better ZEM. The only downside is if you have to zone, getting out is hard. Every time I went to Unrest to level and it was uber crowded I would go over to Guk and there was maybe 1 group low level at scryer and maybe a high level group at LGuk zone-line, always seemed like a waste.
Can't speak for everyone but some don't want to murder innocent frogs who've done nothing wrong.

I'm not a role player but being a paladin and slaughtering innocents is pretty fucked.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't speak for everyone but some don't want to murder innocent frogs who've done nothing wrong.

I'm not a role player but being a paladin and slaughtering innocents is pretty fucked.
You're just saying that because Ghoulbane is trade-able in this version.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Kobold

I can't think of a less fun way to play this game.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid/nec/nec/nec/nec/nec

Snare + one DoT line each and quad kite reds =P
several nec pets are research only too, and with dots not stacking it sounds worse than the mage plan.

The druid snare kiting next to the necro group will be leveling faster than them.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you essentially want to know what people would do if they decided to make Necromancers, Mages and Enchanters worthless right?

I'm guessing that you believe the staff of p99 will cave into all the whiners on the forums. The ones who want the game to be broken and a miserable experience for certain archetypes. The losers who get excited when they find some post validating their argument to weed out the fun.

Kind of a dumb question really. When people don't enjoy playing a game, they go play something else, but GL to all the sodomites out there who are giving it their all. Here's some music to listen to while you are researching the patch notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pABtNkVvj5A
Not worthless, actually if all those researched changes go in things will seem much more /gasp balanced! between mages and other classes.

Perhaps the first server start up in 20 years to not be utterly and totally dominated by mage armies. Sounds very intriguing and exciting!
Old 10-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Furthermore, the goal of the project is to relive as close to the real classic experience as possible - not attempting to change the progression. Why else would they bother with patches at all?
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Hinge, can't send you messages. Feel free to PM me first for info.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not worthless, actually if all those researched changes go in things will seem much more /gasp balanced! between mages and other classes.

Perhaps the first server start up in 20 years to not be utterly and totally dominated by mage armies. Sounds very intriguing and exciting!
Eh, the guy is lying anyway. He just didn't know where to buy the level 20 Earth pet. Necromancer's clearly still have issues, but https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Research kinda fixes everything. Beta will tell all I hope.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Furthermore, the goal of the project is to relive as close to the real classic experience as possible - not attempting to change the progression. Why else would they bother with patches at all?
So I propose the daily 1-8hr emergency patches be randomized for authenticity. Also, please add a login chat system for world kicks when you are done removing the confirmation request system. Don't forget to frequently bring the servers down for re-patches once we have had time to recover our corpses and reform our groups. -Thanks
Last edited by sciception; 10-11-2019 at 05:54 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

I'm searching the wayback for sources about mages pets being research only for a time and not coming up with anything. I'm betting people just didn't know that only 1 of 4 pets was buying at city merchants for several levels and the rest of the pets were bought in OoT.

Anyways we have a full group and a backup now. Staff feel free to lock/close this thread.
Closed Thread