Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

You can actually get up to three different colours for names with the titanium client (one for each team), but not four. You might be able to have it so that everyone who isn't on your team has a red name, but you'd have to ask Secrets.

Releasing Paineel at the start is doable, they did it on this server I think (probably because very few people know the exact make-up of Erudin when Necros were allowed to start there).

Evil humans are definitely way too strong under your setup, but it's an interesting suggestion.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

team servers are gonna fail, you cant split a 500 person pop. into 4 teams.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Why not make it 1 team
Old 06-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having teams without bards on a pvp server is a joke.
Rofl - Vallon Zek was dark team controlled. Period. They had no bards, they had no druids but Dark team ruled that server and just like Tallon forced the 'Good' races to team up just to stand a chance.

Please know wtf you're talking about before you hurp-durp your way into a thread with carebear statements like this. Dark Team PvE'd for gear and did so without 'must have' classes. If this is going to be like TZ / VZ it needs to look like this.

Human Team -
Humans Barbarians Erudite
Freeport, Qeynos, Halas, Erudin, Paineel

Elven Team -
Wood Elf, Half Elf, High Elf
Kelethin, Felwithe

Short Team
Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome
Kaladim, Akanon, Rivervale

Evil Team
Trolls, Ogres, Dark Elf (Kunark, Iksar)
Neriak, Grobb, Oggok, Cabalis

It worked, it just did, and in truth I wish it would stay this way because for those of us who did TZ/VZ this is what we are used to.

Also, if I remember correctly it was

Humans - Blue names
Elves - Yellow Names
Evil - Orange name
Shorts - Purple
Last edited by Cfullard; 06-02-2011 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfullard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It worked, it just did.
I am 100% in favor of P99 Red being an exact copy of Vallon/Tallon Zek circa 1999. If you want to copy one of the classic rulesets, why not copy the only one that was so popular they had to carbon copy it onto a second server?

Soft-coded teams would also solve Knuckle's issue. If you can group and guild across teams, you don't have to worry about the population being too thinly divided among hard coded teams. Then you have the political dynamic of purist guilds vs. cross teamers and may the biggest ballsack win.
Last edited by Aenor; 06-02-2011 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

taking all the light races on tallon equaled how many people played dark races. SO even though lights had more races to use darks had more people playing
Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfullard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rofl - Vallon Zek was dark team controlled. Period. They had no bards, they had no druids but Dark team ruled that server and just like Tallon forced the 'Good' races to team up just to stand a chance.

Please know wtf you're talking about before you hurp-durp your way into a thread with carebear statements like this. Dark Team PvE'd for gear and did so without 'must have' classes. If this is going to be like TZ / VZ it needs to look like this.
Yes, that's great that you're all providing 1 instance where the server resulted contrary to what logic would lead us to believe. I was #1 rogue on SZ's evil team for a while, and we won the server too.

You're ignoring, however, the information curves that we've all overcome. IE- people rolling toons back then didn't realize the magnitude of the team they were picking, most people picked a team for other reasons than class balance. If you made this server today teams without bards would get shit on. Quite frankly, it's a waste of time to even be talking about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am 100% in favor of P99 Red being an exact copy of Vallon/Tallon Zek circa 1999. If you want to copy one of the classic rulesets, why not copy the only one that was so popular they had to carbon copy it onto a second server?
I think this is the crux of our argument. A lot of you seem to just want to replicate VZ or TZ or whatever.

VZ & TZ are *DEAD* move on, nerds.
Last edited by solid; 06-02-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not make it 1 team
thoughts?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that's great that you're all providing 1 instance where the server resulted contrary to what logic would lead us to believe. I was #1 rogue on SZ's evil team for a while, and we won the server too.

You're ignoring, however, the information curves that we've all overcome. IE- people rolling toons back then didn't realize the magnitude of the team they were picking, most people picked a team for other reasons than class balance. If you made this server today teams without bards would get shit on. Quite frankly, it's a waste of time to even be talking about this.

I think this is the crux of our argument. A lot of you seem to just want to replicate VZ or TZ or whatever.

VZ & TZ are *DEAD* move on, nerds.
Sullon Zek died almost immediatly after launch. Don't pat yourself on the back too hard there junior. You were #1 rogue on a server that had possibly, POSSIBLY 200 people online at peak hours. Yeah, big competition range there.

And I agree Mr. #1 rogue on a dead server, it is a waste of time for you to talk about this. Move along.

Your reasoning for being an expert on this is like saying you were the number 1 mage on the vztz server. Any slow child with half a brain could play a mage on that.

Sullon Zek was a crap server that wasn't balanced at all. Goods got shit on from day 1 due to the fact they could not level anywhere without getting run over. Everyone played Neutrals and Evils and all the emo Linkin Park kids ran to Evil so they could be on the cool side. Hell I remember Faydark was an absolute GRIEF zone because goods couldn't even level there without getting run over by evils sitting in all the spots where people did their grinding. You hide to literally go hide in places WAY out of the way before you could do any leveling. Evils pretty much leveled with impunity because there was just so many freaking many of them, so again, don't pat yourself on the back too much about being the # 1 rogue on that garbage box.
Last edited by Cfullard; 06-02-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Sullon Zek died almost immediatly after launch. Don't pat yourself on the back too hard there junior. You were #1 rogue on a server that had possibly, POSSIBLY 200 people online at peak hours. Yeah, big competition range there.

And I agree Mr. #1 rogue on a dead server, it is a waste of time for you to talk about this. Move along.

Your reasoning for being an expert on this is like saying you were the number 1 mage on the vztz server. Any slow child with half a brain could play a mage on that.

Sullon Zek was a crap server that wasn't balanced at all. Goods got shit on from day 1 due to the fact they could not level anywhere without getting run over. Everyone played Neutrals and Evils and all the emo Linkin Park kids ran to Evil so they could be on the cool side. Hell I remember Faydark was an absolute GRIEF zone because goods couldn't even level there without getting run over by evils sitting in all the spots where people did their grinding. You hide to literally go hide in places WAY out of the way before you could do any leveling. Evils pretty much leveled with impunity because there was just so many freaking many of them, so again, don't pat yourself on the back too much about being the # 1 rogue on that garbage box.
Lol, what a joke. I can agree SZ wasn't a sustainable server model, but you don't know anything about Sullon Zek, and that's apparent. Looking at: http://members.cox.net/cattoe_sz/ you can see that not only was SZ's population in the thousands; but also, you were wrong about the population skewness. So, the good team may have been getting steamrolled, but it wasn't due to their lack of numbers.

Anyway, trying to make a server verbatim to what you remember from your fuzzy memories of the past and implying that it will work, because:
Quote:
It worked, it just did
is the kind of thing that we should try to avoid in talking about potential servers. You're doing your own cause a disservice by just frothing at the mouth at how great VZ was or whatever.
Closed Thread