Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Default Resists & Nukes

Does anyone else feel that full resists occur too often with nukes? I've played here for years and always noticed nukes got resisted often but I always had DoTs or something else so I rarely noticed it.

Then I made a Wizard, and every other Wizard I've talked to says the same thing, nukes get fully resisted way too often. I regularly get full resists 4+ times in a row on blue mobs that have been debuffed with Staff of Temperate Flux.

Obviously one example doesn't mean much but this is why I decided to make this post, fights like this are the norm for Wizard:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It doesn't make the class unplayable but it definitely doesn't feel correct to me. Just thought I'd see what the community thinks.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

It's an even con, it's supposed to be a coin flip type situation. As you get higher you'll be quadding dark blues and resists will be few and far between. Also, aside from lures every nuke has a pretty basic resist check. It's not like being a Druid or a necro where your dots and lifetaps are damn near unresistable in most situations.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Well, in this screen shot it was an even con. However, getting these chain full resists on blues is just as common. You don't see many resists when quadding because even though the mobs are dark blue they're 5+ levels below you.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

You also realize the staff of temp flux is only like minus 5 to fire/cold so these resists are what people r stating, even con r hard to nuke, the life of a caster. Its why its pointless to bring wiz to areas that are white and above for exp.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

I've only had full resist problems on high blues (might as well be white cons) and caster mobs. But I never fight those unless I'm in a group. I go for low dark-blues instead, personally.

But Shaman aren't exactly known for their DD prowess. :P
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Alright, I guess I was just being overly ambitious.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Kobold

Im glad to hear another wizard has noticed and posted something about it. I played a wiz on live and just made another for an alt here. I don't remember mobs resisting half as much as what they do on 99, i agree its doable to play but its frustrating as hell trying to solo. It may be correct but it sure doesn't feel right. Is it possible for someone to look into it?.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

I played a wizard on live for some time and I had a terrible time with resists on high-db's. I can very clearly remember how frustrated I was because I played on Rallos Zek and I didn't group. Trying to solo my way to 29 in some far off corner of south karana so PK's wouldn't get me was a nightmare. (Oddly enough every once in a while a twinked out ogre SK would enter the zone and mysteriously run right to my location out in the middle of nowhere. Hmm.)
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

something is off thats too many resists/partials
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
something is off thats too many resists/partials
it's an even con, seems pretty typical for an even con
Closed Thread