Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-05-2023, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were replying to Crede
I fail to see how me replying to Crede is relevant to your question. I gave you two exmaples of posters who don't use taunt at all. You can ask them why. Clearly these players do exist.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-05-2023 at 02:27 AM..
Old 12-05-2023, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Maybe because Crede (and most people in this thread) never said that spamming taunt is worse than NEVER PRESSING THE BUTTON AT ALL EVER.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve never needed it and it was one more button to crowd my button bar. There are times I’ll use it for mez breaks but only if I don’t trust the enchanter or healer, lol.

If I did make it part of my normal routine I would personally choose to use it selectively when it is noticeably beneficial.

I have a digitial caliper I also seldom use. If I needed to chip ice for some home bartending I guess it would work for that. It wouldn’t be worse than not using it or any other makeshift tool to chip ice. Does that mean I’ll misuse a tool because it will inefficiently solve my problem? No. I’d rather just deal with generic cube ice than look, well, crazy..
Old 12-05-2023, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

I’m trying to decide whether you guys are spam taunting DSM, DSM is spam taunting you or it is some kind of weird mutual thing going on.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-05-2023, 08:37 AM
Fire Giant

More like our exasperation with him taunting us, then we're causing high threat/hate via his triggering a psychosis where he's unable to admit he's wrong.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like our exasperation with him taunting us, then we're causing high threat/hate via his triggering a psychosis where he's unable to admit he's wrong.
lol
Old 12-05-2023, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe because Crede (and most people in this thread) never said that spamming taunt is worse than NEVER PRESSING THE BUTTON AT ALL EVER.
Great! It sounds like you agree with me. I am not sure why you are arguing with me then. There should be no problem with me posting the facts about taunt and letting people decide how they want to use it. You haven't provided any evidence to suggest spamming taunt has a significant downside, and you agree a person like Snaggles (who rarely uses taunt because it takes up too much space on bar) would get more mileage out of taunt if he assigned it to a macro he was already spamming. It provides a boost to agro generation with no extra effort in that case.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-05-2023 at 11:03 AM..
Old 12-05-2023, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

I have never seen any tank who understood how taunt actually works ever advocate for spamming it whenever it’s up.

Ever.

This is more of a warrior issue to be honest. Knights don’t really need the button. Only time I really use it on my paladin is right before I break a mez, and then (on mez break) always right before I cast a threat spell for that chance at top aggro + 1 before the spell lands for a slingshot beyond top aggro. If taunt fails I usually just break anyways and cast another threat spell as needed.

Having it bound to a hot key can get you into trouble. If you’re on a raid and not the designated tank, eventually you’re gonna cause a problem, take damage you didn’t need to, or flip a mob and piss off the rogues.

I’d argue it is better to never press taunt than to autistically smash it every time it is up.

I swear this may be THE MOST retarded 30+ pages to be found on these forums.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 12-05-2023 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-05-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Yet. Most retorted thread yet.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-05-2023, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never seen any tank who understood how taunt actually works ever advocate for spamming it whenever it’s up.

Ever.

This is more of a warrior issue to be honest. Knights don’t really need the button. Only time I really use it on my paladin is right before I break a mez, and then (on mez break) always right before I cast a threat spell for that chance at top aggro + 1 before the spell lands for a slingshot beyond top aggro. If taunt fails I usually just break anyways and cast another threat spell as needed.

Having it bound to a hot key can get you into trouble. If you’re on a raid and not the designated tank, eventually you’re gonna cause a problem, take damage you didn’t need to, or flip a mob and piss off the rogues.

I’d argue it is better to never press taunt than to autistically smash it every time it is up.

I swear this may be THE MOST retarded 30+ pages to be found on these forums.

He really doesn't know how to play the game does he