Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Default Hunting Guide - 10-15

Thanks for responding to my 5-10 post, here's the 10-15 hunting guide, please comment on any inaccuracies or additional info/zones you think should be included? Thanks in advance!

Level 10-15

Blackburrow – Train central, make a button that says TRAIN TO ZONE! Hunt the guards outside the zone as a youngster and progress deeper into the dungeon as you go. After you can clear the top level take the long ramp down to the third level and camp the bridge, pulling to the ledge before the bridge, which is a “safe spot” to heal, med, and camp. Warriors can loot their first bow and arrows here, armor drops are occasional, and occasional cracked staffs and other relatively valuable weapons drops makes this is a nice zone to build up your bank account from.

Crushbone - To the northeast lies the home of Emporer Crush. In the center is a large hill where the orc trainer trains his troops. A river flows around and through the area. One can find orcs, dwarven slaves and priests, and even the dark elf Ambassador Dvinn in the confines of Crushbone.

Everfrost – Again EF in the Tundra section is pretty nice to hunt in offering at the low end orcs (collect wrist bands to hand in to Cindl for xp and coin) all the way up to snow orc shammies and mammoth calfs. Camp the South Wall (south of the South tower there's a section where a hill and a ridge form a natural allow that makes it easy to pull mobs to the wall to kill safely) for great xp and decent loot.

West commonlands - Dervish Cutthroats, in group

Erud's Crossing - soloed wisps for a ton of Lightstones. Enough cash to pay for your spells, important to us first run toons.

Kithicor Woods - during the day.

Upper Guk - Entrance mobs

North Karana - All beetles

Innothule Swamp - ?

West Karanas - Bandits

Lavastorm - Soloing by the Najena zone; I found this to be excellent exp

Lesser Faydark - Nybright Sisters (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=88)

Desert of Northern Ro - Soloing as much as possible and getting a derv group occasionally

Oasis of Marr - Crocs of all kinds, solo or grouped. Pumas are a real annoyance however. Madmen, mummies, and lots of other monsters. Be careful of the occasional spectre though. As you get stronger you can head to the orc high way, these orcs will be good experience up until high teens.

Ocean of Tears - Sister Isle

Qeynos Sewers - Smugglers

Desert of Northern Ro - dervish groups

Runnyeye - solo, grouping lower levels.

Desert of Southern Ro - Orcs

Steamfont - Elementals, Drakes, Skels, Harpies, near mino cave

Unrest - grouped

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Kobold

Butcherblock - Chessboard, undead skeletons: Good for solo/duoing, believe there is a 4-5min spawn timer. All are single pulls. Just enough to meditate and then go back to fighting. When Crushbone is packed, this is the place to be. No trains, no crowds.
Last edited by tj218; 08-13-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crushbone - To the northeast of Kelethin lies the home of Emporer Crush. In the center is a large hill where the orc trainer trains his troops. A river flows around and through the area. One can find orcs, dwarven slaves and priests, and even the dark elf Ambassador Dvinn in the confines of Crushbone.
Strictly nit-picking, I know. You could consider adding reference to the Screaming Mace quest, and/or the shiny Brass Sheild available through the Orc Trainer, as well (a pretty good early item, and fairly easily acquired).

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Kobold

In Innothule the only thing that might give exp at 10-15 are bull/fat alligators in the north part of the swamp and the undead at the northeast tower. Really at 10-15 you should be moving to Guk or South Ro/Oasis.

Also the area outside of Najena *is* a great soloing area on Live (just watch out for those basilisk adds). However, on p1999 Lavastorm is badly bugged and you will often get randomly ported through the ground while fighting. This usually results in death because you can't move out of the way of adds and can't /rewind until you're out of combat. It can still be a good soloing spot, but use extra caution and try not to fight on hills. The bug seems to happen more on hills.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj218 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Butcherblock - Chessboard, undead skeletons: Good for solo/duoing, believe there is a 4-5min spawn timer. All are single pulls. Just enough to meditate and then go back to fighting. When Crushbone is packed, this is the place to be. No trains, no crowds.
Beware of the king - he nukes for about 80 :P
Old 08-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Aviak

we need more posts like this.. but for every class and level ranges. Just like how it was on castersrealm a long time ago.

Believe or not, me and my friends are either almost new or completely new at EQ (persuaded by me to join [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) and appreciate these kinds of posts!

I didn't even know that my water pet was Poison Immune until someone told me, lol
Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarpoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we need more posts like this.. but for every class and level ranges. Just like how it was on castersrealm a long time ago.

Believe or not, me and my friends are either almost new or completely new at EQ (persuaded by me to join [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) and appreciate these kinds of posts!

I didn't even know that my water pet was Poison Immune until someone told me, lol
The site in my Sig has all level ranges. Once it's done I suspect I'll talk the official Wiki and get it all moved there since I'm the only one maintaining it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll be posting all levels for comment over the next week or so.

Regards,
Mg

Old 08-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strictly nit-picking, I know. You could consider adding reference to the Screaming Mace quest, and/or the shiny Brass Sheild available through the Orc Trainer, as well (a pretty good early item, and fairly easily acquired).
Tell me about them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regards,
Mg

Closed Thread