Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this something you guys still want?

I believe the code was added last patch, I will have to double check with Nilbog to make sure. If you guys do not like this, I am open to other realistic ideas for events.

Realistic ideas? Wipe the server.

Unrealistic? Hold a gm event that no one but the last 40 people on the server show up to and award a guise which is worthless on a PvP server.

I'm expecting 200 more people join the server/come back for this lavish event.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Banned

try a discord weekend server event and the highest surviving toon at the end of 48 hours wins mana stones or something cool
Old 10-09-2017, 04:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Realistic ideas? Wipe the server
The server will not ever be wiped!

I am not directing this towards you Qtip. With that said, I know a lot of you negative people don't even play on red99 anymore. You guys just talk trash about the server to play it down. Basically to deter people from playing on red, and hoping the server will dwindle down to the numbers the staff just says "there isn't enough people on the server actively playing, lets wipe it" Well I am here to tell you this will never happen. So you're wasting your time when you post negative stuff about the server.

Now back to the OP, if you don't like my idea please post something that is realistic and doable.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 10-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

How to make a pvp server more about hardcore pvp and less about fat dirty fingernail rmt:

Simulated respawns multiple times a week, resetting normal mobs aswell.

Let us respecialize tradeskills.

Remove pvp range so theres no more out of range healing or low levels camping valuable mobs without threat like metal golem.

Remove /who in zone for more danger.

Bring back xp death on pvp to stop bind rushing, remove pnp rules, stop suspending people for ninja looting and reimbursing "stolen" items.

Put boxers and rmters on banned for life list.

Find out why some players sink with levitate and some dont and fix it.

Dont be a bitch and let a pathetic pay2win company like Daybreak (they didnt even make the game) tell you what you can and cant do with your lives.

Make lifetaps work on velious raid bosses, add stamina drain to melee swings.

Dont let anyone whos fat on the staff.

Go back in time and make these changes 3 years ago because its too late now.

Everyone should just not play.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

I like the idea, Cylock.

Also consider bringing back TNF.

Consider porting contestants to a random zone while disabling zoneouts, and assigning a random area teams battle to control domination style. Team with the most time controlling the area in X time wins a round. New round, new zone, same idea. 3 rounds.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 10-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Banned

discussing anything other than un-faggotizing the forums (way over moderated) or wiping the server is a waste of time, any attempt to revitalize the server excluding the aforementioned factors is a waste of time
Old 10-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not directing this towards you Qtip. With that said, I know a lot of you negative people don't even play on red99 anymore. You guys just talk trash about the server to play it down. Basically to deter people from playing on red, and hoping the server will dwindle down to the numbers the staff just says "there isn't enough people on the server actively playing, lets wipe it" Well I am here to tell you this will never happen. So you're wasting your time when you post negative stuff about the server.

Now back to the OP, if you don't like my idea please post something that is realistic and doable.
Wasn't claiming the server was going to be wiped, I was just saying my opinion.

The server currently does have on average 40 people. Primetime it might say 90. But when you log on and /w all there is only 60 people. With 45 of them raiding.

By posting lies it doesn't better the server. It wastes people's time. They log in. Don't see no one. Level to 20... Dont see anyone and quit forever. Posting the truth doesn't make me negative. You can log in right now and report back with your findings if you disagree.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I really don't think anyone tries to deter anyone from playing here to be honest. It's quite the opposite were everyone tries to cater to new players so they stay. There really is no hardcore pvp player base that's going to read the forums and go "man I can't play here". We have seen the OOC logs this shit is tamed.. Plus you can also ignore both vehicles of trolling. IE ignore player...

To be honest when empire quit, the server lost a lot of juice. Both sides got worn out and the new players just don't cycle as fast when pop is under 200 sorry to say. When the pop constantly hits 200 you see unique players everyday. It's just like someone who sees 10 servers on the list and blue has 1200 and red 90 its hard to choose red.

I agree with your previous mentions of generally pvp servers are 10-15% of the blue server pops. I am thankful that you all provide free everquest for us when its obviously not free for you all.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Aviak

I always thought the lowbie fights were fun. Encourages people who havent played on red before to roll a char, level up a bit, try some PvP, and maybe stick around for awhile.

Most of the events in the past have been ffa or team fights but something like race to level 8 or something in a specific starting zone would be fun. Most people would be fighting each other for mobs and I'm sure there would be a select few individuals twinking out level 4 chars to cause as much grief as possible. Good times for all.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Yes, I'll show up if the event actually takes place during a time that I can play.
Closed Thread