Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2023, 12:16 AM
Selene Selene is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 131
Default Fungi vs. haste item for monk?

I'm pretty poor as I have my money and time split amongst several alts, but I have a choice to make for my 52 human monk (no, i will never go iksar): should I farm some more and then spend all my plat on blue for a fungi or just spend what i have on a spiked seahorse hide belt (34% haste)? I have the silver chitin hand wraps and no epic.

I use my mage to drop transfer 10 slot weightless bags of bandages, throwing knives, dispel sticks, ultravision necklace, food/water, etc. It's a really nice way to solo thus far from 1-52. I feel like a fungi wouldn't really change the capabilities on my monk, given that bind wound gets me up to 75% hp really quick. But an upgraded haste from 22% to 34% might just change what i can solo without an epic. It would be a big investment of all my plat so thought i'd ask. Thank you all
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2023, 12:40 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,122
Default

What weapons do you have?
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2023, 12:45 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector

Jimjam's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,680
Default

How much hp do you lose per fight and how long does the fight last?
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2023, 01:32 AM
Crede Crede is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty poor as I have my money and time split amongst several alts, but I have a choice to make for my 52 human monk (no, i will never go iksar): should I farm some more and then spend all my plat on blue for a fungi or just spend what i have on a spiked seahorse hide belt (34% haste)? I have the silver chitin hand wraps and no epic.

I use my mage to drop transfer 10 slot weightless bags of bandages, throwing knives, dispel sticks, ultravision necklace, food/water, etc. It's a really nice way to solo thus far from 1-52. I feel like a fungi wouldn't really change the capabilities on my monk, given that bind wound gets me up to 75% hp really quick. But an upgraded haste from 22% to 34% might just change what i can solo without an epic. It would be a big investment of all my plat so thought i'd ask. Thank you all
My order would be epic > Fungi > Tstaff > finish off haste
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2023, 01:34 AM
Selene Selene is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 131
Default

I use stave of shielding and adamantite club because I like dual wielding. I do have an imbued fighters staff.

if only the epic were attainable for me lol.

In most places I solo in, fights last about 1-2 minutes (lower guk, grobb, sol b, etc). I usually lose anywhere between 50-75% of my hp depending on the mob, sometimes less than that if im lucky. but bind wound with limitless bandages works wonders
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2023, 01:54 AM
Crede Crede is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use stave of shielding and adamantite club because I like dual wielding. I do have an imbued fighters staff.

if only the epic were attainable for me lol.

In most places I solo in, fights last about 1-2 minutes (lower guk, grobb, sol b, etc). I usually lose anywhere between 50-75% of my hp depending on the mob, sometimes less than that if im lucky. but bind wound with limitless bandages works wonders
Try using ifs more you will take less ripostes and should lead to less downtime in theory. Tstaff stun might be a decent investment itís really nice
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is online now
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try using ifs more you will take less ripostes and should lead to less downtime in theory. Tstaff stun might be a decent investment it’s really nice
Mostly agree with Crede across these elfsim forums.

100% use your IFS. It will "feel" bad at times, but just trust us. You're going to take FAR less damage and actually dish out more over time. You'll kill more mobs per hour and thats the name of the game for you right now.

Where I disagree is the T staff value. Not worth the money unless you're flush with cash and already have epic + fungi + 34% (or better) haste. IFS is all you need.

Now, the question of fungi vs better haste is an interesting one. I think if you're the type of player that AFKs frequently while solo then haste is the answer. If you find yourself coming back to your computer / character and you've been at 100% hp for a while, that play style will be wasted on a fungi. More haste, kill moar merbs quicker before your next AFK.

However, if you're constantly just waiting on your HP bar to get healthy for that next mob, then a fungi is your best bet. Fungi is the clear choice for a more active, less AFK play style.

Lastly, as Crede said, epic really is your ultimate best option, but if you have no help and a fungi is going to break your bank account, then it isn't a realistic goal for now. This may seem insane but you could make a 2nd character, a caster class that interests you and is cheap to gear, and level that one strictly on the basis of farming plat for your monk epic. Gives you a break from the monk and when you return to it, you'll be ballin.

I think you could hire a crew to do all the group stuff for about 100k and a lot of guilds would take a charity Gwan kill task during their sky slot.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Croco Croco is offline
Fire Giant

Croco's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use stave of shielding and adamantite club because I like dual wielding. I do have an imbued fighters staff.

if only the epic were attainable for me lol.

In most places I solo in, fights last about 1-2 minutes (lower guk, grobb, sol b, etc). I usually lose anywhere between 50-75% of my hp depending on the mob, sometimes less than that if im lucky. but bind wound with limitless bandages works wonders
Monk epic is probably the easiest one of all. Even for an unguilded monk on p99 it's pretty attainable. You can camp raster on your own but might need some help with targin and once you get your robe of the lost circle you have a few options. You can try to camp the pipes yourself, or spend some time farming plat to buy a MQ. My 2 favorite plat farming spots for a monk are high keep guards or crystal caverns geos.

Once you're able to get your next robe the final 4 fights are easy and fast. I see people post on here a lot asking for help and there never seems to be a shortage of people who are willing to lend a hand.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2023, 11:51 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is online now
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk epic is probably the easiest one of all. Even for an unguilded monk on p99 it's pretty attainable. You can camp raster on your own but might need some help with targin and once you get your robe of the lost circle you have a few options. You can try to camp the pipes yourself, or spend some time farming plat to buy a MQ. My 2 favorite plat farming spots for a monk are high keep guards or crystal caverns geos.

Once you're able to get your next robe the final 4 fights are easy and fast. I see people post on here a lot asking for help and there never seems to be a shortage of people who are willing to lend a hand.
Yeah probably easiest to hang out in KC for that pipe and then buy the chardok MQ.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2023, 12:18 PM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,474
Default

Literally just join kittens and spam zumbutu until you get epic , you are welcome.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.