Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
D&D get a little too much respect. In hindsight, they suck.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
D&D get a little too much respect. In hindsight, they suck.
i think its more that, we're spoiled by a very good writer, and when two noobs have to actually put pen to paper and 'create', it's just not the same, nor is it as easy as i think they thought it would be.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 03-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

The anticipation for the season is killing me. I'm either going to hate watch it or be blown away by it. There is no middle ground.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

have we considered the possibility the Valonqar (from maggie the frogs prophecy) is Arya?

i'm not saying im convinced, but lets think.

theres an argument going on at the asoiaf forums about the Valyrian language and whether or not its actually gender neutral. we know some words are, and we dont ever hear a term for "little sister", and so they are arguing that Valonqar would translate more appropriately to "little sibling".

Maggy says "Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear" the next line is Cersei asking if she and the king will have children, to which Maggy replies "Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you"

and so that made me wonder, what if the Valonqar was actually the Valonqar to the younger more beautiful queen. granted, for this to play out, either Sansa would have to become the Queen in the North, or, we'd have to accept a less than literal translation. but with that being said, Sansa has 3 younger siblings. one is crippled, one is too young (i dont see Cersei living long enough to die to Rickon), and the third one is Arya. the little girl that has had Cersei at the top of her "kill list" since Arya started reciting the names. and to top it off, shes learning the ways of the faceless assassins.

food for thought.

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 03-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have we considered the possibility the Valonqar (from maggie the frogs prophecy) is Arya?

i'm not saying im convinced, but lets think.

theres an argument going on at the asoiaf forums about the Valyrian language and whether or not its actually gender neutral. we know some words are, and we dont ever hear a term for "little sister", and so they are arguing that Valonqar would translate more appropriately to "little sibling".

Maggy says "Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear" the next line is Cersei asking if she and the king will have children, to which Maggy replies "Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you"

and so that made me wonder, what if the Valonqar was actually the Valonqar to the younger more beautiful queen. granted, for this to play out, either Sansa would have to become the Queen in the North, or, we'd have to accept a less than literal translation. but with that being said, Sansa has 3 younger siblings. one is crippled, one is too young (i dont see Cersei living long enough to die to Rickon), and the third one is Arya. the little girl that has had Cersei at the top of her "kill list" since Arya started reciting the names. and to top it off, shes learning the ways of the faceless assassins.

food for thought.
I've stumbled into a couple of those forum discussions. I can't quite past "his". You see a way to make that gender neutral?

It seems to me what's important is that Cersei identifies her killer as the valonqar and realizes too late its not Tyrion as she long believed. We need that satisfaction, no? I lack imagination, so Jamie still works best for me. But, a "the Stark family sends their regards" moment would work as well, so long as Cersei identifies the moment with the valonqar.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Arya is training to become a faceless man. Who's to say she won't take the appearance of Jaime (or less likely Tyrion) to kill Cersei?

I personally think it's Jaime or Arya, and I tend to buy the idea that valyrian is gender neutral.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arya is training to become a faceless man. Who's to say she won't take the appearance of Jaime (or less likely Tyrion) to kill Cersei?

I personally think it's Jaime or Arya, and I tend to buy the idea that valyrian is gender neutral.
Martin has done a good job of blurring the PTWP clues, and I was kind of put-off that Aemon only realized High Valyrian as gender neutral on his deathbed. Still, I trust what Aemon said, so I could see Valonqar going both ways.

There are some interesting aspects to Arya being the Valonqar. Is she taking on the assignment as a FM? Aren't they supposed to pass on killing someone they know? Taking on the face of Jamie or Tyrion would presume they're dead, right? It seems they get their faces from the Hall of Faces, right? Or, is the FM's ability to change faces truly magic allowing them to take on the faces of anyone?

I guess I prefer a scenario where Arya is herself when she goes for Cersei. Then they can have their Stark moment.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahouze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Martin has done a good job of blurring the PTWP clues, and I was kind of put-off that Aemon only realized High Valyrian as gender neutral on his deathbed. Still, I trust what Aemon said, so I could see Valonqar going both ways.

There are some interesting aspects to Arya being the Valonqar. Is she taking on the assignment as a FM? Aren't they supposed to pass on killing someone they know? Taking on the face of Jamie or Tyrion would presume they're dead, right? It seems they get their faces from the Hall of Faces, right? Or, is the FM's ability to change faces truly magic allowing them to take on the faces of anyone?

I guess I prefer a scenario where Arya is herself when she goes for Cersei. Then they can have their Stark moment.
Well, I'm going by preston's interpretation of the faceless men, as in her innate abilities would allow her to change her face. Preston is probably wrong about that, and I'm not saying that's what I think would happen. I think it will just be Arya herself killing Cersei. In a hypothetical situation where Preston was right, it would be cool to see her killing Cersei as Jaime, just for the Valonqar story. It won't happen that way because yeah, that's less satisfying than actual Jaime doing it or Arya pulling it off as herself. Oh, and no, since I was assuming the Preston Jacobs version of the FM, this would be her acting on her own, deserting them once she learns what they have to offer.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

New trailer. Looks like showrunners can do some awesome stuff with Bran!

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/03/08...ones-season-6/
Old 03-08-2016, 06:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

i just came here to post that!

im excited. when Cersei was like "i choose violence" .. it was just A+

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread