Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Sarnak

Default Phinny

Any tips or tricks to pull phiny and duo or trio him? Class make up etc
Old 10-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Duo requires a 55+ Mage and a 59 Necro or another 55+ Mage

Pet #1 needs to be a max HP earth pet guarded in a back corner. Swim into the very top point in the Phinny room and look down at him. You need to watch for him to path out of the center of the room and once it has let the puller know to activate the pull.
Puller needs to summon a pet and guard it at the entrance of Phinnys room. Target a Swirlspine seahorse, then swim to the top of the tube back towards Seahorse Patriarch room. Send your pet to attack the Swirlspine.

Once the pet is sent and dies/aggros, 2 things need to happen at the same time.

Puller - Invis, swim back from patriarch room to entrance. (Alternative is bind at entrance, and gate)
Pet Mage - Once Swirlspines are out of the room, send Mage pet. Once Phinny aggros, spam /pet back to get Phinny into the corner in the back of the room. He will continue casting on the pet, you need to keep spamming back so that Phinny doesn't get engaged out in the middle of the room.

After about 15-20 seconds you can Call of Hero the puller. Once CotH'd the puller needs to summon a max HP pet.

Once Phinny is positioned in a corner both of you just chain summon pets. For mages it is likely better to chain summon level 49 earth pets because 200 mana versus the 300/400 vocarates.

The dangerous part is keeping your first pet alive until you can CotH the puller back so that you have a 2nd pet and making sure to /pet back until Phinny is close to a corner. Failure to do these things will lead to wipes.

Adding a 3rd pet class just makes it safer.

Make sure to alert anyone else in the zone about your intent to pull Swirlspines.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Large Rat

Does CoTH pulling phinny to ZL work here Dald?
Old 10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Pulling Phinny to zone line isn't too easy on this server.

Generally the pull is done by training the 4 swirlspines out of the room and then pulling Phinny into a corner. When he is in a back corner the swirlspines pathing back don't aggro.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

We've always done it with a puller being a druid who binds at the entrance of KK. Pulls Swirlspines with 55 pet, while swimming away, gating..

1 Mage targets Phinny, sends pet, back off until phinny is on ledge, then both mages just chain pets on phinny until he's down. Druid either swims back or waits at zone until it's over.

Oh, Druid zones after phinny is clear, then Swirlspines path back.

At any rate, 3 pets is SO much better than 2. Faster kill and less worry about accidental miss fired summons.

Most pet classes I saw at one time on Phinny was 3 Mages and 1 Necro. 1 of the mages had Epic. At any rate, phinny died VERY fast.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Banned

Wizard does it the best. I bind at entrance, summon eye of zomm, start casting gate and run the eye towards the seahorses while it cast. By the time they aggro and kill the eye I am already at the entrance. People in corner tell me if Phinny was left behind or not. If he didn't aggro then I sit at entrance and wait for them to say they got him out and into corner. Zone aggro and then run down.

Easy.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Banned

i always just bound at the entrance on a wizard, casted a nuke on one of the seahorses, then immediately gated
Old 10-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

We just have a monk jav the guardians and someone else tag phinny. once phinny is in the corner the guardians path back w/o aggro.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Even better, as a wizzy, pre-cast translocate on yourself before summoning your eye. Then you can insta-gate to entrance once your eye grabs aggro. Removes the possibility of your gate collapsing (how I'm able to port and entire group across the world with a 100% success rate but I can still fail at a self gate is beyond me, but I digress).
Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even better, as a wizzy, pre-cast translocate on yourself before summoning your eye. Then you can insta-gate to entrance once your eye grabs aggro. Removes the possibility of your gate collapsing (how I'm able to port and entire group across the world with a 100% success rate but I can still fail at a self gate is beyond me, but I digress).
LOVE TL. This method can be used in so many raids to make pulling deep mobs to your raid without training a success. Love it.