Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-21-2022, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best way to consolidate wealth prior to communism.
Go for international investments and get into multiple currencies. If one currency falls, you can protect yourself. If they ALL fall, you have much larger problems to worry about than on-paper wealth.

If you want to hoard metals you'll usually have to obtain them in small quantities over an extended period of time and keep them secret owing to U.S. regulations on such things, especially gold.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

me with my canadian silver coins during the collapse and the reptoids watching:

Old 10-22-2022, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately bullets are often a better currency... since when I try to exchange my Canadian silver dollars for them, rethalils will instead just give me one, very quickly, in exchange for all my silver coins.
I wouldn't want any canuk silver.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 10-22-2022, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

Guns and ammo; high powered rifles more useful than pistols; hope you live in USA when the collapse happens, preferably in rural Montana or some other area that looks similar to Red Dawn (the one with Patrick Swayze).
Old 10-22-2022, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

Guns and ammo doesnt matter since you have to sleep at some point. The largest threat will be large mobs of roving, starving idiots, who will be extremely emboldened when you shoot at a few of them, " HE HAS AMMO! " and they will not stop. Utilizing fire constantly to try and get you out.

Look at all the classical seiges of the medieval times if you want to understand what will be coming your way

If you want to go that route, invest in a good set of night vision optics.

If we are talking "End of the world" hoarding. Your best bet is

beans
rice
oats

stored in 5gal buckets with liners and nitrogen gas injected before storage, lasts 15 years. Dried corn lasts an incredibly long time too.

You can put multiple buckets or mylar bags in a 55 gal drum and bury it out by your barn or wherever your bug out location is.

Honestly the most important thing will be mobility, multile spiderholes to escape and regroup. If you are alone, you really want to be mobile.

All the fudds, all the preppers, ect, will be happy as clams for the first 2 months, until their limited supplies run out, then eat eachother alive.

1 year minimum is a good food stash. Easy with complete protien(beans, rice, lentils, oats, corn, salt, seasoning) It wont be amazing, but hey, you will not be starving to death and trying to trade a 1000 rounds of 5.56 for a can of tuna.
Old 10-22-2022, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would probably have high levels of sulfur and other inclusions, like their oil that Tromp bought so much of.
Old 10-22-2022, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilzark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guns and ammo; high powered rifles more useful than pistols; hope you live in USA when the collapse happens, preferably in rural Montana or some other area that looks similar to Red Dawn (the one with Patrick Swayze).
Yeah if you live in USA you don't "need" a gun now, because if you just sleep through opening night, you'll be able to walk around in the morning and pick them up off all the dead bodies like you're playing Day Z
Old 10-22-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason you buy canadan silver is becaus there is a 30% tax on satan usa bald eagle silver dollars.

So any real patriot would accept a "canuck" coin over a "satan branded" any day.

But the only reason youll be giving silver to someone after the appocalypse is to hide, and you dont want to be negotiating the "weight" of your silver when you're trying to get someone to hide you.

You want to hand them 10$ of silver, that they can trust, so they can hide you before the NWO police come bursting through their door.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-22-2022, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I've settled on turnip seeds.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:14 PM
Banned

don't overlook yeast and cricket farms