Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't want to make a new thread about this but it sorta fits in here.

What should shaman choose for spec at lvl 30 for the one that goes above 51 skill points or whatever. It says if you solo to do conj and not solo the alteration but even if you solo you do alteration alot with canni and cholo/torpor etc. so was curious what the 50+ shamans have chosen and they feel works best or if they don't like what they picked and etc.

I also tried searching in priest forums but apparently only two threads contained the word specialization and it was for Druids so try not to troll me for asking...
The wiki gives guidance depending on how you want to play solo or raid/group/buffmeister.

Quote:
Shaman's have two real choices: Alteration and Conjuration.

Conjuration is mainly useful for Shaman's who solo or kite a lot. This is a good Specialization to take if you plan on soloing up until around level 35, or plan on using DoT's a lot.

Alteration is used for almost all of the Shaman's buffs, heals, regenerations and the like. These are used mainly in downtime, but you can save a great deal of mana with using this as your Specialization.

Alteration is a pretty safe bet, but if you attack more, and enhance less, then Conjuration is still worth considering.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Aviak

I'd still go alteration for solo. With roots/regen/heals/slow/malo/kragg/buffs and haste for pet, I think at worst alteration would be about even with conjuration. If you were going to solo but just root-rotting some easy con mob outdoors with no risk, conjuration would be better. But that just isn't how most shamans solo.

However if you ever group or raid at all, alteration>>>>>conjuration.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Alteration is really an all-around safe bet.

Conj. specialization is really only going to top Alteration for a very, very specific type of player, and even then its benefit is small at best.

I thought about this for a long time here and finally decided on Alteration, you really can't go wrong picking it.

All the cool kids spec divination tho.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

At 60 sitting with max meditate you should regen 20 mana per tick.

At 60 with fungi, chloro, torpor, and doing the canni dance you can regen ~49 mana per tick.

So yea significantly less downtime.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Orc

When soloing, half your spells are Alteration.
when grouping, all your spells are Alteration.

Also, you don't use real Dots once you have jbb/epic until 60 with Torpor (they cost wayyyyy too much mana). So Conj is pretty useless.
Closed Thread