Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

At any rate....

I thank the staff for this ability to experience a wonderful project like this one. I hope that the big dogs don't bite when they shouldn't because it's not affecting their pockets.

I don't mind the push back because I am still new here and am trying to reach a higher level before Velious is release. I am VERY excited about experiencing this again.

Cheers!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One would think after so many years online with no legal issues from SOE that legal enforcement of copyright and IP property would be difficult to enforce today.

Of course Daybreak is now the new property owner, but since Smedly was the SOE game divisional head, he cannot claim he didn't know about P1999 or why he didn't shut down the P1999 site years ago.
Simple fact is - why push it? They had a chance to do something profound and new and they took it.

This is a private company recognizing a non-for-profit emulation of their property. That's big news. That means we have assurance that P99 is here to stay - legal repercussions no longer lurking.

This is great.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I don't understand why a 'written agreement' needed to happen in the first place. Well maybe...

Was it needed because Daybreak would have spent millions on lawyers/legal fees to sue P99 in which would have cost P99 millions to have neither a positive or negative outcome? Basically waste P99 money. I would believe that.....

What I don't understand is why this never occurred before. Why suddenly after Columbus Nova purchased SoE?
they were worried that P99's Velious launch would fuck with their population numbers for their new progression servers. end of story.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Copy that Pharmakos.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Large Bat

Looks like it is time to update the footer at the bottom of the forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC."
Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like it is time to update the footer at the bottom of the forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC."
lol
Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Associated and affiliated have legal meanings with consequences and liability; simply being in a contract, under license, or having an understanding does not rise to association or affiliation in that context.

A lot of business contracts specifically state that there is no affiliation or association of entities.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

How about this:

"Project 1999 loaths Daybreak Game Company LLC and hopes their business fails."
Old 07-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Congratulations on this. It is a shame Daybreak wasn't confident enough about what it agreed with you that it could post the core of the agreement together openly. Nevertheless, I look forward to Classic 1999 to be around for a long time.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

So are we still on schedule for an 8/1-2 release? About to turn in that time off request...
Gregyn <Divinity> --- 51 Druid
Kaldek <Divinity --- 48 Warrior
Leerick <Divinity> --- EC Mule
Closed Thread