Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearobinson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, my dumbest thing I ever did would have been on live (keep in mind, at this time I was like 13).

I had started a Wood Elf Ranger named Denniker. GFay was a popular zone on Mithaniel Marr. One thing I would see often in the zone chat was "Looking for SoW, will tip!" Or "Casting SoW at PoD Lift, tips appreciated!"

So, being the dumb child I was, I thought people were asking for "Sows" because their armor took damage. So, I went and bought a Sewing Kit. I then went to what I knew was called "Newbie Lift" and shouted out in zone, "Sowing at Newbie Lift! Donations appreciated!"

Naturally people flooded to me quickly, my first customer had already come up and hailed me! I had informed him that I was new and had never "Sowed" before and he was my first customer and asked if I was supposed to give him the "Sowing" Kit or was he supposed to give me his armor?...

He began to laugh at me. He then explained to people around me what I was doing... They began to laugh at me. It was that day that I learned SoW was an acronym for Spirit of the Wolf AND how to spell Sew.

I was pretty dumb.
Wish u was there when that happened
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearobinson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, my dumbest thing I ever did would have been on live (keep in mind, at this time I was like 13).

I had started a Wood Elf Ranger named Denniker. GFay was a popular zone on Mithaniel Marr. One thing I would see often in the zone chat was "Looking for SoW, will tip!" Or "Casting SoW at PoD Lift, tips appreciated!"

So, being the dumb child I was, I thought people were asking for "Sows" because their armor took damage. So, I went and bought a Sewing Kit. I then went to what I knew was called "Newbie Lift" and shouted out in zone, "Sowing at Newbie Lift! Donations appreciated!"

Naturally people flooded to me quickly, my first customer had already come up and hailed me! I had informed him that I was new and had never "Sowed" before and he was my first customer and asked if I was supposed to give him the "Sowing" Kit or was he supposed to give me his armor?...

He began to laugh at me. He then explained to people around me what I was doing... They began to laugh at me. It was that day that I learned SoW was an acronym for Spirit of the Wolf AND how to spell Sew.

I was pretty dumb.
Winner
Old 12-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Something everyone has done.

Playing in 1999, on some crappy dial up or roadrunner Internet. You come upon an Orc or Gnoll Shaman. Get blinded. See a completely black screen, can't tab out because classic. Figure your computer died or you lost power. Too many Surge or Mountain Dew cans liter the floor for you to easily stand up to turn on a light in your man(boy)-cave to test if the power is indeed out.

So you naturally do the easy thing and restart your computer. Restarts no problem and of course you come back to your character naked at their bind point. The next time it happens you put two and two together. Holy crap... Maybe these shaman mobs can turn my screen off?!?!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Orc

When i first started the game i had a human warrior that i was exploring with in EC. I was SoWed and running around in awe more than anything. At the time i wasnt aware about consing mobs and factions etc etc. Well i ran by the undead ruins with SoW and went into the tunnel to hang out and just take in the scene. Ended up dying from the mobs confused as hell and i guess i started off a chain death event on a bunch of mules. I got a bunch of tells and i had no clue what i did or how it happened but people were going crazy so i deleted my character and started again lol
Old 12-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I was pretty dumb.
That was your chance for the greatest RP character ever. "Denniker, the mentally challenged Ranger."
You could have rolled very far with that one.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Started my first character as a human necro named Newtman. Put all my points into strength because I wanted to be a battle necro.

Found out later shadowknights existed. Continued to level him to 20 with an ABSURDLY small mana pool.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was your chance for the greatest RP character ever. "Denniker, the mentally challenged Ranger."
You could have rolled very far with that one.
Unfortunately, I was dumb and 13 so I didn't realize the potential I had here. I was too damn embarrassed.

I had another dumb instance on my Ranger too. I knew this dude named Iinen, he was a Druid and had been helping me out a lot. So, he told me how to talk in tells with him since I kept talking to him in say and he had to go run and do some stuff in another part of the zone.

So, here's what my dumb ass did. /tell linen. In case you can't tell how retarded I was there, that's a lowercase L, not a capital i. So, I tried and tried and tried with no luck. So, my frustrated newb self /shouted, "Iinen!! I can't send you a /tell for some reason! Help!" I did this a few times before he sent me a /tell like "WTF dude?"

It was then that I learned a capital i and lowercase L look incredibly alike.

You know... thinking about it... how did I make it to adulthood?
Auriandar - Dark Elf Enchanter
Denniker Rhal - Wood Elf Druid <Dial a Port>
Old 12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Manastone'd myself to death

(more than once)
Old 12-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Forgetting to rebind after going KoS to FP militia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Joining BDA - If only I knew Chest was in that guild..oh god.
Jizzebelle - 52 Shaman
Jizzepop - 20 Bard
Closed Thread