Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Default Idea too boost server pops on both servers!

Scan community for two trusty GM canidates (one for blue one for red)and make there primary job / focus to be hosting GM events. The guise of deciever one the other day was very cool but more common low-mid level events as well as high would make the game more fun and bearable at all levels and give somethign to look forward too. Have 4 events a month maybe. With a bit of notice maybe? Make some kind of npc that if you get a no-drop item from all four events you can turn them in for some kind of reward for your class maybe? I know back in the day early on in the game GM participation was a big thing and made the game really enjoyable! I also know some people may say ideas like that are too custom and not classic but I think the idea would work well. We would see more lively server and we could see this classic server carry on for much longer! With all the recent bans and some drama thats unfolded it would be nice to have something positive to bring the community together! Just a thought though....
Any other ideas?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

paragraphs
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Kobold

the idea was not to improve hipsters well known bad gramma and spellins
Old 10-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofahipster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know back in the day early on in the game GM participation was a big thing and made the game really enjoyable!
I started my EQ escapades on Lanys T'vyl and we certainly had some pretty cool GM events. I'll never forget seeing this wizard win this incredible staff that was an artifact which happened way before epics (might have been right before Kunark opened). Not sure if other servers had the same event. I wish I remember the stats on that.

It would be awesome to have events like that that are class specific again. But I guess we'll be calling those "epics."

Xaxian
Old 10-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Kobold

not nesc class events but my idea would be something like this.

(Event 1) - October 31st - Night of the living dead.
Maybe make befallen or unrest amped up with half spawn times or add mobs.
Make an item drop randomly off creatures in zone say 1/20? (no drop)

(Event 2)- A week later - Defend Qeynos Gate / Fippy Darkpaws Revenge
Make a ton of Gnolls/Fippy Darkpaws spawn in North Qeynos and an npc that is right inside the gate. (often where new players sit) Make the gnolls run in from Qeynos hills and try to attack the NPC and the players have to defend it.Event ends when npcs is killed? Make an item drop randomly from the gnolls say 1/20. (no drop)

(Event 3)- 1 weeks later - Scuba Diving / Shark fishing

Spawn an unusual amount of sharks randomly in Ocean of Tears. Make players have to swim around and find and kill them. Maybe add a nice rare item on one or two of them for incentive. Also have an item drop randomly from sharks say 1/20 (no drop)

then you could put an npc mabe in EC tunnel that would accept all 3 items. and generate a reward for you based off of your class, or maybe platinum, of a good amnt of xp?

maybe once a month have a 10% xp bonus on a sunday?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

i wish we could get the population higher. but people who dont know about p99, wont know about the gm events. we should get someone to make an epic youtube trailer or something. or advertise on game forums or something.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Hopefully there will be an awesome Halloween event to make up for the recent lack of events in the game.

C'Mon Rogean do some newbie/high level events =))
Pure awesomeness~!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Aviak

i believe rogean is planing something for for this upcoming weekend, last friday i believe was the DE maskathon in SK, said he was taking ideas for a following event hopefully this weekend. Of course this is all pending his available time but just fyi
Old 10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofahipster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Event 2)- A week later - Defend Qeynos Gate / Fippy Darkpaws Revenge
Make a ton of Gnolls/Fippy Darkpaws spawn in North Qeynos and an npc that is right inside the gate. (often where new players sit) Make the gnolls run in from Qeynos hills and try to attack the NPC and the players have to defend it.Event ends when npcs is killed? Make an item drop randomly from the gnolls say 1/20. (no drop)
This was done before.

lol wut
Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was done before.
I did an event on live. I helped some random lost GM find some retarded thing and ended up getting some random food item.

I never win, even when i win.
Closed Thread