Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what is patps

or is that a pabst typo
haha yea. that.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Hmong definitely lived in Vietnam where it originated. What’s your beef with my experience? Should I be ashamed for embracing and learning about my friends wife’s culture? Should I not even mention it? Should I just let you clowns pretend I’m racist because reasons?

The food was great. The tripe wasn’t my favorite but she said she over cooked it and it ended up a little slimy. Most importantly all three of my kids tried it.
Pho isn't her culture, it's a food item and it originated in the early 1900's from French-Vietnamese-Chinese fusion lol. Hmong's are an ethnic group that span Southern China, Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand. The highest concentration of them are actually in China, not Vietnam. Not saying you're racist, it's just typical Republican ignorance and orientalism. So I'm educating you.

Pro-tip: If it was slimy, it was probably actually undercooked. Tripe is the mucosal lining of cow digestive system. Tripe and oxtail are used in things like soup and sausage not because they are great and tasty cuts but because they are cheap, fatty, and on hand.

They are fun for white people to eat so you can tell your friends you did, but if your friend was actually interested in feeding you some tasty pho they would have brothed the oxtail and tripe and then used brisket or some other cut in the final dish, especially if they didn't have time for the tripe to render. Clearly they did the right thing though because you seem more interested in the experience than the food itself. Hopefully you got to use some sriracha and hoisin, goes great with pho and are popular accoutrements for Vietnamese diaspora in the US.
Last edited by Lune; 08-08-2022 at 03:50 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pho isn't her culture, it's a food item and it originated in the early 1900's from French-Vietnamese-Chinese fusion lol. Hmong's are an ethnic group that span Southern China, Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand. The highest concentration of them are actually in China, not Vietnam. Not saying you're racist, it's just typical Republican ignorance and orientalism. So I'm educating you.

Pro-tip: If it was slimy, it was probably actually undercooked. Tripe is the mucosal lining of cow digestive system. Tripe and oxtail are used in things like soup and sausage not because they are great and tasty cuts but because they are cheap, fatty, and on hand.

They are fun for white people to eat so you can tell your friends you did, but if your friend was actually interested in feeding you some tasty pho they would have brothed the oxtail and tripe and then used brisket or some other cut in the final dish, especially if they didn't have time for the tripe to render. Clearly they did the right thing though because you seem more interested in the experience than the food itself.
Bro it was just a meal

Calm down
Old 08-08-2022, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Nancy Pelosi culturally appropriating ancient roman food

EVphX1hUMAcc1cy.jpg

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 08-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They are fun for white people to eat so you can tell your friends you did, but if your friend was actually interested in feeding you some tasty pho they would have brothed the oxtail and tripe and then used brisket or some other cut in the final dish, especially if they didn't have time for the tripe to render. Clearly they did the right thing though because you seem more interested in the experience than the food itself. Hopefully you got to use some sriracha and hoisin, goes great with pho and are popular accoutrements for Vietnamese diaspora in the US.

Your entire post is a typical angry over nothing type post. Thanks for sharing the Pho wikipedia summary, really enlightening stuff. Basic cultural appropriation bullshit from an angry intolerant lefty.

Whatever you want to say about her culture and it not being part of her culture it's wrong. She makes it and her parents make it. My family doesn't make Pho, the dishes we make are apart of our culture regardless of origins. She told us how her parents prefer to use blood sausage in the Pho but she isn't a big fan of it. Your entire post is meant to some how diminish the experience, big sadness.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

god you're a fucking loser lmao
Old 08-08-2022, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

also fun fact, most food sucked before french gastronomy

Old 08-08-2022, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

^ Trump cult mad to be trounced intellectually, culturally, socially, financially, physically, sexually, and spiritually by spectral syncretic. Are we riled? More at 11

Lune dropping info bombs so explosive the peasants think it's from wikipedia. It's literally just from living not-in-bumfuck-nowhere you hicks lol. I know Asian food like you know sheep pussy

There is no such thing as 'cultural appropriation', that's retardation made up by anthro majors on college campuses who couldn't pass calculus while they're making frappucinos. Nice facebook granny memes though
Last edited by Lune; 08-08-2022 at 10:20 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
^ Trump cult mad to be trounced intellectually, culturally, socially, financially, physically, sexually, and spiritually by spectral syncretic. Are we riled? More at 11

Lune dropping info bombs so explosive the peasants think it's from wikipedia. It's literally just from living not-in-bumfuck-nowhere you hicks lol

There is no such thing as 'cultural appropriation', that's retardation made up by anthro majors on college campuses who couldn't pass calculus while they're making frappucinos. Nice facebook granny memes though
it's a good thing you don't think there is cultural authenticity then

Old 08-09-2022, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

My favorite part is Lunes haughty arrogance. Like he actually thinks he's coming across as intelligent. Really just sticking it too everyone who doesn't see the world like he does!!

Ohh you had food from another ethnicity! Let me tell you why I'm smart and you're stupid!

It's really sad to read tbh. I hope you get the validations you're obviously very desperate for in your life.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-09-2022 at 09:44 AM..