Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This the prequel to Office Space? ^ They talking about a case of the Mondays.

http://www.bullshitjob.com/office_im...fficeSpace.swf

http://www.funlinks.com/bill-lumbergh-soundboard.html
Old 07-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryndar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I locked down hate with just a druid on progression servers pre-kunark. Live hate and p99 hate are two entirely different things.
bull shit. not even going to go further than this. i mean, did you forget that many of us here actually played on both progression servers and would have remembered someone doing that? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The reason the community remained "just great" is because only, maybe, 3-4 out of 1000 were doing it.
I assure you more than that did it regularly and a whole lot more had the capability to do it when needed. My guild alone had a couple of loners who 2 boxed guards or whatever. One of our tanks had a cleric he'd trot out to keep the SolB/LGuk group alive in the late hours of the night when actual healers dried up. A few people had dru/wiz they'd bring out when Naggy/Vox popped and we had to port 25ish people asap to get them before other guilds.

Granted we were a hardcore guild, but we probably had about 15 people with 2nd accounts and the ability to box them. I'm sure guilds #2 and #3 on the server had at least some, and a handful of the non-uberguild players as well. And this was late '99/early '00, before Kunark was out.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Yea, def more. He seems to quote spurious statistics quite often.

As much as I love boxing, and my knee jerk reaction to some of the exclusivity that exists at the lower levels is just to box my druid, I think boxing would definitely hurt the lower level camps.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assure you more than that did it regularly and a whole lot more had the capability to do it when needed. My guild alone had a couple of loners who 2 boxed guards or whatever. One of our tanks had a cleric he'd trot out to keep the SolB/LGuk group alive in the late hours of the night when actual healers dried up. A few people had dru/wiz they'd bring out when Naggy/Vox popped and we had to port 25ish people asap to get them before other guilds.

Granted we were a hardcore guild, but we probably had about 15 people with 2nd accounts and the ability to box them. I'm sure guilds #2 and #3 on the server had at least some, and a handful of the non-uberguild players as well. And this was late '99/early '00, before Kunark was out.
For every one of them, there were many, many others who didn't. Point is that boxers were an extremely small percentage of players, circa 2000. That's the only reason it didn't affect the community too bad. Even allowing rampant 2-boxing would be disaster for this server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winobot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, def more. He seems to quote spurious statistics quite often.
I never quote spurious statistics and that was not a quote.
Last edited by myriverse; 07-11-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Closed Thread