Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma;1337115

I have calculated that each fang turn in is around 19,000-20,000 experience.

See the leveling chart at:
[url
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62213[/url]

For a 22 Ranger it took exactly 100 fangs to go from 22 to 23 (1,387,000 x 1.4 = 1,941,800 experience needed to level – divided by 100 equates to the 19-20k per fang estimate).

When not many people are in the zone, it takes maybe 2-3 hours to do that. The higher your level the faster you kill so you really don’t slow down leveling unless there is a lot of competition.

For that same level 22 Ranger soloing level 20 mobs in an outdoor zone (75 ZEM), you’d get 30,000 experience per mob solo. You would need to solo (1,941,800 / 30k) approximately 65 mobs to level. This means you would need to kill each one every 2 minutes with no downtime to med/heal to get equitable experience. This is not likely.
I think you just made a great case for nerfing BB fangs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Banned

definately one of the easiest ways to get to 20.
gets the alt fiends frothing some times no big deal man. there are so many other cool places to level.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Orc

This is so bizarre - a good group in any number of dungeons around the game can get you that much experience / more. You also don't have to rob newbies of their ability to level in Blackburrow.

I'd be fine if they just disabled the quest in the mid teens or so. Get people the hell out of the dungeon if most of it is green to them.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BB is kind of a free for all. But in a weird way, for me, it's always kind of been a polite FFA. I'd get random buffs, heals, etc one second from a stranger, then be competing with them for pops the next, and after we'd be bullshitting together.

Never had any problems.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Bahkrel is a huge turd and he harasses people in tells quite frequently. Not surprised to see his name come up in a post like this.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudlezz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so bizarre - a good group in any number of dungeons around the game can get you that much experience / more. You also don't have to rob newbies of their ability to level in Blackburrow.

I'd be fine if they just disabled the quest in the mid teens or so. Get people the hell out of the dungeon if most of it is green to them.
I disagree with your first assertation. A hybrid getting a level every 2-3 hours isn't likely even if you could find a good group immediately. I've done the grouping thing and that's why I'm back to soloing.

Everyone's playing situation is different. Because this is an alt, I have limited time to play him. Because of my time zone (I may play between midnight and 5am server time), grouping isn't always an option. The need to be able to log at a moments notice isn't ideal for grouping either. Also, finding any group let alone a good group that doesn't mind grouping with hybrids isn't always quick. So if I can pop on for an hour and get a stack of fangs I'm happy.

What some people seem to forget is mobs are up to level 25 in Blackburrow. Lord Elgnub is 25 and very nasty for his level. If you accidentally bump into him, you won't make it to the zoneline. Also, if you try to clear the commander cubby with a refugee splitpaw and a gnoll high shaman, you better be in a good group (99% of the people I are solo or duo or being PL'd) or be 22 so you don't get nailed by two casters (two of which blind you) and two elites.

I focus on the commander rooms (there are three) because they are left alone a lot and I can get rusty spiked shoulderpads. If there's not many people in the zone, sure I'll start slaughtering other areas but I am respectful of other people and groups. I don't run up and grab all the mobs in front of someone.

Regarding your 2nd point. If they nerfed the gnoll fang experience, blackburrow would be a ghost town. The lowbies would all be moving to Crushbone or East Commons to beg for buffs/gear. They want the exact same thing as the higher levels, quick easy, experience. They are not victims, there are plenty of places to level. They can find mobs 1-50 in Everfrost/Qeynos hills which are on either side of Blackburrow.
Last edited by BarackObooma; 02-24-2014 at 08:29 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just find a camp in BB and hold it. If they are stealing your mobs, petition them. Petition them once, calmy.

I don't see why this is so hard. Use the rules we already have in place.
Rule lawyering to this extreme is often lost on new players... and rightly so, it's shitty to have to go down that route.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

When I started my barbarian ass was in blackburrow solo for days. Now people have found that teeth are a slightly more efficient means to level and its fart central. Play the game nerds. Stop min maxing on a spreadsheet

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 02-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Black burrow is a harsh cavern of doom in continual conflict between the gnolls, humans and barbarians, etiquette.. wtf are you babbling on about?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, the new people with no friends or resources can go xp somewhere else. I mean Qeynos and Halas both have super handy port locations nearby and handy (if time consuming) boats that can be used to safely (relatively) get to better hunting grounds.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread