Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-29-2021, 02:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Help Fixing spells at 255

So I installed Titanium following the install guide. I first unzipped the v54 files into the install folder and which let me play the game but when I realized all the spells were not supposed to be at lvl 255(never got to play EQ for more than a few hours back in the day so I didn't know at first) I tried unzipping the v54 files to thier own folder and moving the contents of each folder into the contents of the folder it relates to, which also didn't work(to be clear it didn't change anything the game still runs ok but the spells are still at 255). I don't have an EQ emulator account. I haven't tried to zone out of the starting area so I'm not sure if it crashes but that wasn't my issue so I figured i'd try to solve one issue at a time as they come up. I have spent about 4 hours looking through the faq and technical forum and not found anything that helped or the things I did find directed my to a 404. I am trying to play a vah shir beastlord on the Titanium server under recommended( i think it specifically says something like true titanium and the number next to it is 100+ something) as when I played back in the day this was what I wanted to play but couldn't afford the 3+ expansions required to play that class/race. What am I doing wrong/ what am I supposed to do? Thanks for your help and sorry if I'm making you answer something you have answered before nothing I have tried seems to work
Old 06-29-2021, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

The v54 files are intended for use on one of the Project1999 servers (blue/red/green). They won't work if you're playing on another server (which you are, because none of the p99 servers go as far in the timeline as Luclin.)

You'll want to install whatever client is recommended (and any additional required patches) for the specific server you're playing on. If you want to play on project1999, then you should reinstall Titanium, apply the patches, and then select one of the three p99 servers from server-select.

-Mcoy
Old 06-29-2021, 05:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ok, cool thanks. I didn't realize all the servers on the list were not from p1999.