Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoDust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In addition to the notes I was hoping it was not removed from my spellbook and behold Charm along with some other Unknown Spell still in my necromancers spell book who was created 3/24/99. This is on my necro on live right now on Tunare who was on E'ci at launch.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if this is going to be done strictly classic, i think i'm going to have to get a human necromancer up to high enough level to scribe charm before it gets nerfed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Its amazing the nerf didn't retroactively remove the spell from your book!!
Old 10-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... what is with the long list of notes you listed...

Some of that stuff is temple of solusek ro patch, some of it happened much earlier? So this isn't a single set of patch notes... Where did it come from?
It's a general overview of the various changes in the first year or so of the "vanilla" timeline. It also gives you a good idea of just how many things verant would leave out of patch notes if you cross referenced it with all the official patch texts. It came from the main verant customer relations guy back in the day.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if this is going to be done strictly classic, i think i'm going to have to get a human necromancer up to high enough level to scribe charm before it gets nerfed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Its amazing the nerf didn't retroactively remove the spell from your book!!
That was my thought as well but it's still there along with some other Unknown Spell I can't identify (I havent played live EQ in years so the icon changes are foreign to me).

It doesn't let me memorize it (too high level as you can see) and if I click on it I do get the option to Delete it from my spellbook.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

I found classic spell lists with these spells and the level they were gotten at. Filed a bug thread on them.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...49#post2978949
Old 10-09-2019, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found classic spell lists with these spells and the level they were gotten at. Filed a bug thread on them.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...49#post2978949
An awesome thread. I may just play necro now if they implement this as it should be even with the no pet window
Old 10-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I def remember reading about it in the Prima guide, using it for 2 weeks and then wondering what happened. In retrospect it would of been absurdly OP.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

NPCs that charm are somewhat rare in Everquest but if necro/shaman npcs could do this which are literally littered in every dungeon as the most common 'casters' - yikes.

I dont think they removed it due to player OPness but more so dungeons being impossible. Charming a player at these noob levels basically wipes a group every time. You start nuking your own groupmates mana free and cant use your voice to apologize [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPCs that charm are somewhat rare in Everquest but if necro/shaman npcs could do this which are literally littered in every dungeon as the most common 'casters' - yikes.

I dont think they removed it due to player OPness but more so dungeons being impossible. Charming a player at these noob levels basically wipes a group every time. You start nuking your own groupmates mana free and cant use your voice to apologize [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was even worse than you imagine. There were some serious bugs with charming:

1. Sometimes when you were charmed, and then became uncharmed, you would lose the ability to cast any spells. You would have to camp out completely and relog in to restore your ability.

2.Sometimes the "charming" MOB's pet would still be able to attack you while you were charmed and you'd just watch as you were whittled down to zero health by their pet while under charm.

3. This was a doozy. If a player was charmed, the charming NPc would then target the nearest player in a GIGANTIC radius and aggro them. Like a huge radius, like from the rathe mountains gypsy to the lake zone in-- where I first discovered this "bug". Not only would they target players from far away but they would attack players they should not even by aggressive to. Like the gypsy in rathe mountains isn't KOs to anyone but if you got charmed she would still attack the nearest player to her.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
3. This was a doozy. If a player was charmed, the charming NPc would then target the nearest player in a GIGANTIC radius and aggro them. Lie halfway across rathe mountains and shit, where I first discovered this "bug". Not only would they target players from far away but they would attack players they should not even by aggressive to. Like the gypsy in rathe mountains isn't KOs to anyone but if you got charmed she would still attack the nearest player to her.
Came across complaints like this on the newsgroups. Someone aggros the Shaman guildmaster in Halas, they charm the aggro player, then the guildmaster aggros on people just standing around buying spells in the guild hall, lol.

Important to remember these bugs wouldn't exist on P99, but holy fuck early live was a buggy place. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Aviak

I remember hunting mino axes and the named in the cave would charm you through walls. Newbs had no idea what was going on. I do believe that npc was a necro. Meldrath or something.
Closed Thread