Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I'm caught up with threads in petition forum. If you are still waiting for a reply (in relation to these suspensions), bump your thread.
Rogean I sure hope you disband a few guilds like TMO for hacking and exploiting game.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Orc

Hello,

Is this new detection by any chance look like a trojan horse. My anti-virus will no long allow the wsock32.dll file to be on my computer because its detecting a trojan on that file.

I'm currently looking at how to disable my anti-virus for this file, but thought I'd give you a heads up that other (non-cheaters) anti-viruses are probably going to be removing this file as well.

George
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Kobold

Rogean, that is still pussying out. Perma ban them all now and all accounts created on those IP addresses as well.
2 week suspension and warnings is fucking bush league. Man up and boot those fuckers off for good.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Level 54 1/2 lfg
Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbadger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean, that is still pussying out. Perma ban them all now and all accounts created on those IP addresses as well.
2 week suspension and warnings is fucking bush league. Man up and boot those fuckers off for good.
I think they all should be perma banned and guild they come from disbanded for good..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loly Taa
I dropped out of highscool cause I straight up was sick of going. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who made the same choice
Old 08-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Orc

Default Not likely a trojan

Looks like someone that got banned reported wsock32.dll (from the last update) as a trojan horse. Someone is all butthurt that they can't use their hacks.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 54 1/2 lfg
Noooo Wonton...not you...not after all that time we spent at AC together....NOOOOO!!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Finally, about the rants you players have posted in this whole news thread, "it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." The devs have given their punishment. Deal with it...they shouldn't have to listen to you, anymore than they should listen to those who were caught in the act.

I fully agree with that

it give nothing else to say
Old 08-30-2011, 03:46 AM
Orc

Well I still haven't figure out how to get Norton 360 to stop deleting that winsock file :/. I put it on the exempt list but it still removes it when I unzip the file. Anyone have any ideas? I prefer not to run with my anti-virus shut off.

George
Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Don't use Nortons. Panda ftw.
Closed Thread