Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Banned

u r still nothing compared to me fyi
Old 07-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Kobold

I will be your oor healer for an easy payment of $250 per week.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Banned

PvP community exploiting mechanics to remain relatively immune to death via pvp!? No fucking way. This is also breaking news.

I remember a time I decided to try joining a group rather than solo years ago, the group that invited me corpse camped me for hours. This isn't pvp. It's terrible players being the children that they are.

This is why every pvp server on EQemu dies. This community is more shit than it is anything else, and loud.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like a large percentage of the PVP population gains an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction for killing someone else despite the circumstances. I can pretty much weigh those people with the type of person that comes into a restaurant and treats the waitress like shit because A) they can and B) it makes them feel better about being a worthless piece of shit themselves to be able to degrade someone else.

Personally, I don't get it. I'd rather 1v1 or evenly matched group PVP all day rather than hug 5 other people's nuts to try to gank solo stray players. There's no skill involved nor satisfaction had on my part.

But hey, we all play for different reasons.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like a large percentage of the PVP population gains an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction for killing someone else despite the circumstances. I can pretty much weigh those people with the type of person that comes into a restaurant and treats the waitress like shit because A) they can and B) it makes them feel better about being a worthless piece of shit themselves to be able to degrade someone else.

Personally, I don't get it. I'd rather 1v1 or evenly matched group PVP all day rather than hug 5 other people's nuts to try to gank solo stray players. There's no skill involved nor satisfaction had on my part.

For sure, dude. I feel validated in losing a good, evenly matched battle, more so than destroying a group of level 40's with a group of friends that are level 50's. I pretty much ran solo on VZ/TZ, chasing anyone I could find, whether those players were in a group or not. It's suicide in some ways, but also a challenge.

Heresy really don't run that way. Most PvP servers on EQlive didn't run that way, but the population was so wide and the land so expansive that 1v1's or 1v2's with even the very best players weren't uncommon. I had the most fun in Velks Lab, Fungus Grove with PDM, ToV/ Kael mass pvp.

The population is so thin and it's so easy to level that most people PvP to spite others out of boredom, not genuinely seek out a challenge.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

It was common practice on TZ to allow your opponent to finish with his/her PvE before you engaged them in pvp. Usually followed by tells of good fight and offerings to drag their corpse or allowing them to loot and scoot.

In fact, GMs enforced rules on integrity and fair play. People would get banned for corpse camping/bind rushing on a regular basis.

The more you know, *****
Old 07-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Mind you, this is when Verant was running the operation a very long time ago.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was common practice on TZ to allow your opponent to finish with his/her PvE before you engaged them in pvp. Usually followed by tells of good fight and offerings to drag their corpse or allowing them to loot and scoot.

In fact, GMs enforced rules on integrity and fair play. People would get banned for corpse camping/bind rushing on a regular basis.

The more you know, *****
VZ/TZ is essentially the fallout from Sullon Zek, basically kids that spent their entire pubescent years dedicating 14 hours to intentionally training and corpse camping level 5's in Crushbone. It's rather upsetting to be not only forced to play on SZ because the other more serious servers ran you off, but it's just embarrassing clinging to the abortion of a ruleset and mentality known to SZ players

The odd thing is people from SZ consider SZ to be the greatest of all PvP servers, but that's like saying open battle.net is better than closed when we all know it's only better in the aspect that no one will police you.
Last edited by Abacab "The REAL truth"; 07-16-2011 at 04:22 AM..
Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PvE is the main focal point of this game, PvP is just situational. The people playing don't use PvP as intended and use it as a form of griefing via corpse camping and abusing mechanics which as I said before is ultimately bad for server stability because people spend more time trying to figure out new ways to grief instead of fostering growth.

Within 3 months the server will cannibalize itself into former Heresy/TDT members that have been collectively nut hugging since Daxum box going 15 strong against whatever guild Dankenstein and other rejects adhere to in order to complete epics and planar clears. Then within the next few months they go into post-emo apathy mode and cry about why there is no pvp to be found and the server has gone stale?

Well no shit, you just spent weeks running around on a level 14 monk bind camping people in noob zones with the assistance of some level 50 immortal healing, therefore ruining any sort of immersion and population building. It's for that same reason that the mechanics need tuned and PvP should be done via randomized non-interchangeable teams with staff policing to prevent the same 10 or so cocksuckers from running the server into the ground because they enjoy fearing lowbie's mobs into guards getting them killed in the process.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:39 AM
Banned

Abacab for GM.
Closed Thread